Author Topic: Jonathan Hay quits  (Read 2016 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jonathan Hay quits
« on: February 23, 2007, 06:43:02 PM »
Announced on the news.

He is quitting because of his Depression (and possibly the pressure around the public contract dispute might be part of it too).

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Jonathan Hay quits
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 07:23:41 PM »
I actually feel a bit for Jon Hay - depression is a bloody tough illness to deal with, can only imagine how tough it is when it's being played out so publicly like his has been.

The fact that North have tried to re-gig his contract (and it appears they've been trying to do it through the media) - is pretty poor IMO

It's not Jon Hay's fault that North gave him that big fat 3 year contract ::) - I mean if someone offered you that sort of $$ you're more likely to take it than not take it. It's not Jon Hay's fault that they were stupid ::)

North should take their wack here - should have done the appropriate "due dilligence" as they say in the business world.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 10:59:34 PM »
I find it odd, he does the whole preseason and only now he's quitting?  :-\

Depression is tough enough without having to have the media involved, but why didn't he quit earlier?
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 12:16:25 AM »
I actually feel a bit for Jon Hay - depression is a bloody tough illness to deal with, can only imagine how tough it is when it's being played out so publicly like his has been.

The fact that North have tried to re-gig his contract (and it appears they've been trying to do it through the media) - is pretty poor IMO

It's not Jon Hay's fault that North gave him that big fat 3 year contract ::) - I mean if someone offered you that sort of $$ you're more likely to take it than not take it. It's not Jon Hay's fault that they were stupid ::)

North should take their wack here - should have done the appropriate "due dilligence" as they say in the business world.

I'm with you WP. Hay was struggling at the Hawks so North were stupid signing him to a ridiculously big contract. All the best to him and his health post footy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd