Author Topic: Wallace to be on SEN Wednesday morning  (Read 4504 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Wallace to be on SEN Wednesday morning
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »
Because journos would never use spin to take something out of context to create a sensationalized story ::). Hypocrites! They all had us finishing this year in the bottom 4 yet believe it is wrong to think we are still a couple of years away from being a good side.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 01:35:04 PM »
Richo - said during the week on SEN that what had appeared in the papers was just part of the presentation.

He explained that yes we are planning for the future but we are also playing for now to give some of the older blokes (richo named himself, johnno, gas and Joel here) the chance to play finals footy because what's the point of those guys playing if they aren't tyring to play finals. Seemed logical to me

He also pointed out that because of the young guys on the list by 2011 and beyond we have a massive opportunity to have sustained finals appearances = finals success. He mentioned that the likes of Lids, Polo, Tambling, Patto etc would be in that age bracket of 24-25 (Lids will be 24, Polo 25) where they've matured etc and are core group that's come through together. Truth is there is nothing new in any of this - we've been told this for the last 2 years - I can list the functions I've been at when this has been spoken about.

A detailed and precise rundown of his club's list was revealed, along with speculative ladder finishes for upcoming seasons.

Speculative finishes now - struth last week Damien in your paper it was definite finishes. Which is it exactly  :help  :wallywink

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 01:40:30 PM »
Richo - said during the week on SEN that what had appeared in the papers was just part of the presentation.

He explained that yes we are planning for the future but we are also playing for now to give some of the older blokes (richo named himself, johnno, gas and Joel here) the chance to play finals footy because what's the point of those guys playing if they aren't tyring to play finals. Seemed logical to me

He also pointed out that because of the young guys on the list by 2011 and beyond we have a massive opportunity to have sustained finals appearances = finals success. He mentioned that the likes of Lids, Polo, Tambling, Patto etc would be in that age bracket of 24-25 (Lids will be 24, Polo 25) where they've matured etc and are core group that's come through together. Truth is there is nothing new in any of this - we've been told this for the last 2 years - I can list the functions I've been at when this has been spoken about.

That's too sensible and logical for the media WP  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 01:49:31 PM »
That's too sensible and logical for the media WP  :thumbsup.

:thumbsup thank you 

I'm constantly being told I'm far too logical  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »

terry is full of it !