Author Topic: Tigers saved by the call (Herald-Sun)  (Read 810 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers saved by the call (Herald-Sun)
« on: April 24, 2007, 02:26:05 AM »
Tigers saved by the call
24 April 2007   Herald-Sun
Mark Stevens

A LAST-minute phone call saved Richmond from a potential $10,000 fine on Friday night.

The Tigers almost ran on to the MCG for their first warm-up, 45 minutes before the bounce, with 23 players.

Shane Tuck had been administered a pain-killing injection for an ankle injury and the Tigers were keen to use the warm-up as a pre-game fitness test.

His back-up Daniel Jackson was close to entering the arena as well, which would have been a breach of strict rules.

Unsure if Jackson could also complete the warm-up, the Tigers hastily phoned an AFL official at the match.

They were told Jackson had to stay in the race or risk a "please explain" and a sanction of up to $10,000.

Richmond football manager Paul Armstrong last night denied speculation Jackson had taken part in some of the warm-up before making a quick exit.

"Daniel was close to going out, but we thought we'd double check," he said. "We were told we could only have the 22 listed on team sheet."

Tuck managed to get through the first warm-up and played in the clash against the Bulldogs.

AFL rules stipulate team sheets must be in 45 minutes before the first bounce.

Teams now have their main warm-up after the official sheets are in -- and must stick to the final 22.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21609632%255E19742,00.html

Bulluss

Re: Tigers saved by the call (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:19:46 AM »
That is a load of crap.

Daniel Jackson was certainly out there for some period and i will bet my balls on that.

Dont blame the club for telling porky pies though as we are better off having the 10K in our pocket!!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 08:54:06 AM »
That is a load of crap.

Daniel Jackson was certainly out there for some period and i will bet my balls on that.

Dont blame the club for telling porky pies though as we are better off having the 10K in our pocket!!
i am surprised there is no investigation, cos on MMM , BT clearly said jacko was out there warming up whilst ftuck was having a fitness test and getting a jab

:lol :lol

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 01:24:41 PM »
I saw Jackson out there warming up, then I saw him leave about half-way through.