Author Topic: Plough urges supporters to stick with us  (Read 806 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Plough urges supporters to stick with us
« on: May 30, 2007, 05:42:04 AM »
From the Age and Sportal:

Richmond coach Terry Wallace has urged frustrated Tigers' fans to give his team another chance to post its first win of the season this week - fearing a drop-off in crowd support for Saturday night's Telstra Dome clash against Brisbane could rob the club of its home ground advantage.

The Tigers are enduring their worst start to a season ever, having lost their first nine matches yet amazingly their average crowd this season is just under 44,000 - including more than 61,000 at the MCG for last week's 'Dreamtime at the G' clash against Essendon.

The Tigers' fans are renowned for their dislike of playing home games at Telstra Dome, rather than the club's traditional home at the MCG, and Saturday night's home clash against non-Victorian opposition at the fans' non-preferred venue could not come at a worse time for the club.

However Wallace appealed to Tigers' fans to give the team another chance, paying credit to their loyalty under trying circumstances all season.

The match will be Richmond's first there since the 157-point loss to Geelong in round six, and against an interstate team.

"I am concerned, I really am concerned and I am concerned for all the right reasons," he said of a possible drop-off in Tiger support this week.

"I just hope they stick with the group as they have over the season so far."

"I'd be really disappointed if we went along there and it wasn't a home ground-type atmosphere for us.

"I'm sure if we were going up to Brisbane, as we have for the last couple of years, it's certainly a home ground atmosphere for them.

"We want to get our first win on the board ... and this week's another opportunity to do so, so we'd like to think our supporters come along and rally behind the guys."

"But in saying that they (the Richmond supporters) have been terrific."

While Wallace is concerned there may be a drop-off from the Richmond faithful this week, he is confident his team won't do the same despite again working so hard for no reward last week.

"We haven't had any problems with the spirit within the group," he said on Tuesday.

"We all want results and we are all frustrated for our supporters but we are clear in our own mind about our direction and where we are going."

http://news.realfooty.com.au/tigers-must-communicate-better-wallace/20070929-fgx.html

http://www.sportal.com.au/football.asp?i=news&id=99500

Ox

Re: Plough urges supporters to stick with us
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »
no problems

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:06:04 PM »
I'll be there for the team, but if the team is not there for me I will be in the bar  :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 05:37:17 PM »
I'll be there  :thumbsup.

The Tigers' fans are renowned for their dislike of playing home games at Telstra Dome, rather than the club's traditional home at the MCG
You don't see interstate clubs playing home games away from their preferred home venue. How many $$$ are we missing out on too?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »
I'll be there as always  :thumbsup

And then it's off to Perth  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 09:47:12 PM »
And then it's off to Perth  :thumbsup
Might need to take your baseball bat this time around WP for feral freo after the joys of AAMI stadium  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd