Author Topic: Tuesdays with Terry  (Read 1328 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tuesdays with Terry
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:06:51 PM »
Wallace said he is really pleased with Browny's progress. Browny pulled up well after playing 40 mins with Coburg ressies. He did some running on Sunday and has trained well so far this week.

Moi

Re: Tuesdays with Terry
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 05:49:38 PM »
Terry gets sucked in with Browny.  If Browny wants to play, Terry will play him.
He's gotta make sure he's 100 per cent and not hurt his long term prospects by bringing him back before he's ready.  Won't hurt to give him another game at Coburg.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:15:01 PM »
I agree Moi.

Nobody is that good anyway.

Stand up or shove off

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Slow and steady for Brown - Wallace
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 07:33:22 PM »
Slow and steady for Brown
4:30 PM Tue 5 June, 2007
By Catherine Murphy
for richmondfc.com.au

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace says Nathan Brown is unlikely to play this weekend against Fremantle despite the fact that the star forward believes he’s ready to return to AFL football.

Brown played 40 minutes of football with the Coburg reserves in the VFL at the weekend and pulled up without any distress.

“As a player he is really confident that he’s right,” Wallace said.

“He wants to play as you would. He’s missed a lot, but we’ve also got a responsibility to the club and to the whole group to make sure that there are no hiccups this time.

“We’ll speak to the medical team later in the week but it would be a massive jump from 40 minutes at reserve grade to senior football.

“I’m still very strong on a no risk policy for Nathan and Troy Simmonds to get them back to full fitness and strength. He’s telling me that the manner in which he will train during the week will convince me otherwise.”

Wallace said he wasn’t surprised at Brown’s willingness to return, even after all the complications that followed his injury in 2005.

“It’s the nature of young men, they just want to compete and get out and play… he’s a confident individual and he’ll back his own ability,” he said.

“I’ve always said that he’s braver than what most people think on the sidelines. He has the metrosexual image … but I’ve always seen him as being extremely brave and extremely courageous the way that he plays the game.”

The Tigers’ coach said the club was happy with how he came through his return to competitive action at the weekend.

Wallace says Brown will most likely make an appearance for Coburg’s seniors at the weekend.

If the mercurial forward recovers well from that outing, Wallace suggested Brown was a chance to resume his AFL career against Melbourne in round 12.

Teammate Chris Newman also said Brown had expressed his wish to return this weekend.

“He’s just missed so much footy that he’s just keen to get out there and feel a part of the game and hopefully he realises himself that’s he’s got to be smart about it and see how he feels. We’re not in a rush to get him back, but the sooner the better,” Newman said.

When Terry Wallace jokingly asked Newman if he would start Brown this weekend, he said “I’d pick him”.

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=44576

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 07:41:06 PM »
From the SMH/AAP:

Brown managed 40 minutes for Coburg in the VFL reserves last weekend and has been lobbying hard around the club for a surprise AFL recall against the Dockers.

But Wallace said his more likely assignment would be Coburg's holiday Monday VFL match against Sandringham.

Wallace has promised Brown he will return to Melbourne in time for the match if Brown plays there.

"He's been in to see me and have a chat about wanting to play this week ... but it's a massive jump to go from 40 minutes at VFL reserve-grade level to try to play senior football.

"He's had a chat to most people."

Brown's most likely AFL return will be in the second week of the round-12 split round, against Melbourne on June 22.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Polak-eagerly-awaiting-Fremantle-clash/2007/06/05/1180809502316.html

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 01:57:56 PM »
10 games last year
10 games the year before that
and no games this year out of 10.

So, so far he has missed 34 games in three seasons. That is 1 and a half seasons of football, that is alot of time out of the game even if it has been sporadic. Might be time for us just to cut our loses to free up some money and attention units. Where's nick reiwoldt.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 03:06:13 PM »
Riewoldt may only come if his mate Browny is still here though. Still do we need another forward who is a unreliable goalkicker.

Browny is out of contract this year. A big decision coming up for the club to make. Same goes for Cogs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »
Performance based contracts ahoy!  :lol
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 07:35:40 PM »
Performance based contracts ahoy!  :lol

Actually think Browny might take one if given. 28, coming of a serious leg injury, other clubs might be a bit wary of him.