Author Topic: If your team was a tv show, what would it be? (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1337 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
If your team was a tv show, what would it be? (Herald-Sun)
« on: June 17, 2007, 03:15:36 AM »
How your team rates
17 June 2007   Sunday Herald Sun
Jon Ralph, Jackie Epstein and David Reed

IF your team was a television show, what would it be? Here's a look at the ratings winners and flops at the halfway mark of the season.

RICHMOND

Cold Case. Terry Wallace keeps delving back into the past for answers to the mystery of why this club still can't fire.

Gold Logie: Midfield ball magnet Nathan Foley stands in the way of a third best and fairest award for Joel Bowden.

Candidate for boning: Patrick Bowden starred last year but was dropped early and is now injured. First-round pick Danny Meyer can't get a game.

Best New Talent: Rookie Jake King is on fire, while Shane Edwards is a find and Adam Pattison keeps improving in the ruck.

We'd love to poach mid-year: A ruckman wouldn't go astray. Guy Richards can't get a game at Collingwood and might be OK at a pinch.

Jessica Rowe much-maligned award: Richard Tambling will always be compared with Hawthorn's Lance Franklin, even though this season has been his best.

Potential for ratings glory: If the Tigers come home with a wet sail all they do is give up a priority pick. A no-win situation for the winless Tigers.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21917749%255E19771,00.html

Life goes on

Re: If your team was a tv show, what would it be? (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 07:38:26 AM »
Richmond= Lost

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 09:58:30 AM »
RFC = Knots Landing (for those who don't know it was a Dallas spin off in the 1980's and 1990's)

Tries despearately to be equal to the other Super Soaps of the time (e.g Dallas aka Essendon & Dynasty aka Collingwood) but struggles.

But when the layers are peeled off we find that firstly Dynasty aka Collingwood is all glamour and not much substance although it does have Alexis (aka Eddie) who gets their head on the screen alot but doeesn't endear to the common folk  ;D and we turn off in droves

And then there is Dallas aka Essendon whos main character is JR (aka Sheeds) who keeps dodging bullets (who did shot JR again  ;D) and promising to visit former family members at Knots Landing but never stays because there is more oil in Dallas.

And through it all KL survives because of its character and it the people (aka members and supporters) who stick with it through think and thin - a habit commonly referred to as loyalty.

:thumbsup

BTW: Knots Landing lasted 6 years longer than Dallas on TV and behind Bonanza (and I think now Law & Order) was the second longest prime time TV show in Americas history :cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 04:08:26 PM »
Extreme Makeover
The Biggest Loser

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 04:10:04 PM »
Richmond= Lost

:rollin

But seriously we have become a walking joke  :banghead

Life goes on

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 04:14:13 PM »
Richmond= Lost

If you ask most posters here the answer is NO.
If you ask anyone who barracks or has involvement at the other 15 AFL clubs, the answer is YES.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 04:26:34 PM »
Richmond= Lost

If you ask anyone who barracks or has involvement at the other 15 AFL clubs, the answer is YES.

Jack I wasn't having a shot at you.

I just thought that the comparison was very good

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 09:07:40 PM »

See Jack for me thats the thing - I don't care what the other 15 clubs or their supporters think.

I think that Freo are absolute joke - beleive in their publicity, over rated and have the most feral supporters in the competition who BTW have this penchant for spitting but do you think they care that I think that way - NOPE, NADA, NO WAY

I think St Kilda have been over rated for the last 4 years do you think the Saints fans care ....

What other clubs or thier supporters think doesn't matter .... 

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 05:28:38 AM »
Dr Who. People dressed in duffle coats pining for the return of a now old doctor that has long departed the club since the 1970s to come and fix our ills by magically transporting of young list in a tardis to when they are 24-25 year olds.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »
Sunday night movie = Groundhog Day