Author Topic: What a rabble  (Read 3801 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: What a rabble
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 10:19:48 PM »
Go and have a good look at the following players

Selwood. 2006  Draft
Egan      2004 Draft
Stokes   2005 Draft
Varcoe   2005 Draft
Prismall  2004 draft.  ( named best first year player for the cats last year)

Selwood is the best young player I have seen for the past 5 years .

Actually agree with you on Selwood - absolute gimme fo rthe rising star award IMHO or at least should be

Even if we hadn't of traded our first pick he was gone so we cannot sook over that one being a lost opportunity
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 03:47:20 PM »
Go and have a good look at the following players

Selwood. 2006  Draft
Egan      2004 Draft
Stokes   2005 Draft
Varcoe   2005 Draft
Prismall  2004 draft.  ( named best first year player for the cats last year)

Selwood is the best young player I have seen for the past 5 years .

yeah, but Selwood WAS taken before our first pick...before our ORIGINAL first pick too for that matter.

We traded our first pick

wouldn't have mattered, selwood was already gone

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 07:15:20 PM »
just hit the gym !!!

we need to get bigger !!!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2007, 07:37:32 PM »
IIRC there were some people here (and I'm not talking about anyone specifically, just can't remember who they were) that were glad to see the last of Rodan.

yep, me!
and dont worry, rodan was always gonna have a gr8 yr this yr, next yr when he is comfortable the real rodan will stand up. he is playing 4 his career atm, next yr will be different, by rnd 12 we will see the end of him

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2007, 07:39:41 PM »
Agree with Jake,

as much as Thursty and McGuane try their hearts out. They are way too skinny and you cant see them getting a whole lot bigger.

Neither will be a KPP and could possibly be fighting for the one spot in the overall scheme of things.

Have a look at the Cats from Friday night, they have big bodied players and it makes a impact on the smaller players like the Bulldogs have.

Thats what Wallace will develop at Punt Road and it WONT win a flag.

Sure it will be successful but not to he pinnacle and thats what its all about.

Wallace must go.

thats cats team is 7 yrs in teh making, in 7 yrs time thursty and mguane will be much bigger.

by the way, they may be skinny but they both beat their opponents on the weekend
our backline probs are raines, joel and newman. all 3 unaccountable and shocking defensively.

Bull

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2007, 08:02:25 PM »
Agree with Jake,

as much as Thursty and McGuane try their hearts out. They are way too skinny and you cant see them getting a whole lot bigger.

Neither will be a KPP and could possibly be fighting for the one spot in the overall scheme of things.

Have a look at the Cats from Friday night, they have big bodied players and it makes a impact on the smaller players like the Bulldogs have.

Wallace must go.

thats cats team is 7 yrs in teh making, in 7 yrs time thursty and mguane will be much bigger.

by the way, they may be skinny but they both beat their opponents on the weekend
our backline probs are raines, joel and newman. all 3 unaccountable and shocking defensively.

I agree X, they both played well yesterday BUT, i cant see either of them getting a great deal bigger in the muscle stakes.

Thursty done his knee and should have shown some sign of upper body development after a year off, sadly this isnt the case.

McGuane has some tone but has really bulked up a lot over the last 3 years. He will be stronger than Thursty most likely. I dont think either can hold down a KP long term.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2007, 08:58:25 PM »
Agree with Jake,

Wallace must go.

I agree X, they both played well yesterday BUT, i cant see either of them getting a great deal bigger in the muscle stakes.

Thursty done his knee and should have shown some sign of upper body development after a year off, sadly this isnt the case.

McGuane has some tone but has really bulked up a lot over the last 3 years. He will be stronger than Thursty most likely. I dont think either can hold down a KP long term.

what because both are only about 191cm?

Mal Michael is only 190cm and perhaps the strongest fellow in the AFL

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 09:42:26 PM »
IIRC there were some people here (and I'm not talking about anyone specifically, just can't remember who they were) that were glad to see the last of Rodan.

yep, me!
and dont worry, rodan was always gonna have a gr8 yr this yr, next yr when he is comfortable the real rodan will stand up. he is playing 4 his career atm, next yr will be different, by rnd 12 we will see the end of him

And me to and to be totally honest i dont really care that hes had a good season at Port, he wasnt going to take US anywhere. Good luck to the boy but the right decision was made.