Author Topic: RFC Best & Fairest - 8th September  (Read 1629 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
RFC Best & Fairest - 8th September
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:56:03 PM »
Brown bound for Tiger glory?
12:58:27 PM Thu 5 August, 2004
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Can Nathan Brown emulate the feats of Ian Stewart and Barry Rowlings by winning Richmond’s Best and Fairest award in his debut year at Tigerland?

Stewart took out the Tigers’ Best and Fairest, as well as his third Brownlow Medal, after crossing from St Kilda in 1971. Eight years later (1979), ex-Hawk, Barry Rowlings, capped an excellent debut season with Richmond by winning the Club’s B & F.

A quarter of a century on, former Bulldogs’ star, Nathan Brown, has been in sparkling form throughout his first season at his new Punt Road and is favorite to win the 2004 Jack Dyer Medal.

But Brown faces stiff opposition from the likes of Joel Bowden, Kane Johnson and Matthew Richardson.

Bowden has been in career-best form in his new role at centre half-back, Johnson has worked tirelessly to lift the Tiger midfield, while Richardson has averaged four goals per game at full-forward.

Regardless of which player carves his name into the Tigerland annals this year, you can be there to share the moment . . .

--------------------------

The 2004 Richmond Best and Fairest count will be held at Melbourne’s Grand Hyatt on Wednesday, September 8 from 6.30pm.

For $150 per head, you’ll receive a superb three-course meal, beverages, entertainment and join current Richmond players, coaching staff and Club legends in acknowledging the 2004 winner of the prestigious Jack Dyer Medal.

To make a booking, or for more information, please contact the Club on (03) 9429 5333.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=164175
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: RFC Best & Fairest - 8th September
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:00:58 PM »
The 2004 Richmond Best and Fairest count will be held at Melbourne’s Grand Hyatt on Wednesday, September 8 from 6.30pm.

:bow :bow Thank you RFC for moving it to an indoor venue :thumbsup

I wasn't going to go before when it was scheduled to be in that marque on Punt Road Oval but now I think I'll be there - Love the Hyatt :cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 04:06:25 PM »
Once upon a time the family day was the venue for the B&F....nice sunny day at Punt Road...people everywhere, and the event would take place in a huge tent....now they just went all formal on us and well thats where they lost me....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 04:39:07 PM »
This is how the OER Tiger of the Year Award Leader Board looks after Round 18:

Bowden           124
Richardson      121
Johnson           83
Brown              75

Note: we began around Round 7 so Browny based on his early season form where he would've scored the most votes would be higher up in the official count.

In any case these four has been by far our best 4 players. Joel's looking good for the B&F which is an amazing turnaround.   

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 04:59:15 PM »
Joel's looking good for the B&F which is an amazing turnaround.

Sure is.  Would be good to see him win. :thumbsup  Have to admit that I haven’t voted for him that often so far, so it’ll be all my fault if he doesn’t win the OER B&F award.  ;D  He’ll no doubt be devastated. :rollin

If he plays the way he has in recent weeks then I suppose I won’t be able to ignore his efforts. :thumbsup
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.