Author Topic: Cambo guarded on new coach  (Read 1652 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Cambo guarded on new coach
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:28:26 PM »
Cambo guarded on new coach
2:00:55 PM Thu 5 August, 2004
Ashley Browne
Sportal

Hawthorn skipper Shane Crawford has given Terry Wallace a glowing endorsement to be the new coach of Hawthorn, however his Richmond counterpart is not about to follow suit.

When asked on Thursday who he would like to see as coach of Richmond in 2005, Wayne Campbell played a straight bat.

"I don't want to endorse anybody. I think they'd all be very good," he told Sportal.

Campbell and the players are staying out of the machinations surrounding Richmond's new coach and about all Campbell can say with any certainty is that he is looking forward to playing at least one season under a new mentor.

"I've got one year remaining on my contract so we'll see what happens after that."

And he remains unclear about his future as captain, saying it is something he will discuss with the new coach.

Campbell did indicate late last year that he would like to play at least one season before the end of his career without being captain.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=164214
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Campbell craves that winning feeling
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 03:30:06 PM »
Campbell craves that winning feeling
2:00:35 PM Thu 5 August, 2004
Ashley Browne
Sportal/Exclusive to afl.com.au

Talk to Richmond skipper Wayne Campbell for even a few moments and his disappointment at missing out on the finals yet again becomes crystal clear.

Campbell made his debut for the Tigers in 1991 and has looked on with envy every September, with the exception of the 1995 and 2001 finals series.

"After your first two or three years, finals are all you play footy for," he said.

"It's such a waste to work as hard as you do and to acquit yourself as best you can, when you know it's all going to end in a few weeks without any finals."

The countdown to the end of the 2004 season is made even more complicated by the fact that coach Danny Frawley won't be coming back next season and that the season is being closed out against the backdrop of the search for a new coach.

But ever the professional, Campbell is grinding out the season.

"It's a difficult situation because you know you're not going to play finals. It's hard when you get to that stage when you know you're not going to be there."

This explains the desperation at Tigerland for at least one win to finish off the season.

The Tigers have now lost their last 10 matches and Campbell says that a win would do wonders for the place.

"The Coburg boys enjoyed a win on the weekend and you notice that they've had a spring in their step around the place, so you soon understand what a win for Richmond would mean for the rest of us."

"It would lift the mood of the place and would help improve an ordinary situation," he said.

Still, there have been positives in the form of first year players Brent Hartigan and Daniel Jackson.

Campbell also points to the improved form of Kayne Pettifer and David Rodan as bonuses.

And while the improvement in their fortunes is probably a boost for them given the pending arrival of the new coach, Campbell believes the entire playing list is being watched closely by whoever assumes the reins at the club in the next few weeks.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=164205
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Re: Cambo guarded on new coach
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 04:02:13 PM »
I dont care what anyone says the guy is dying on the ass at our club.....he wants some success. Hes been a good servant and I would like to see him finish his career with a couple of finals series'.....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Re: Cambo guarded on new coach
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 04:59:58 PM »
bwahahahaha

shame its never going to happen
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.