Author Topic: Cotchin on SEN & 3AW  (Read 1731 times)

richmondrules

Cotchin on SEN & 3AW
« on: November 24, 2007, 11:29:03 AM »
He's on after the break.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 01:35:46 PM by one-eyed »

richmondrules

Re: Cotchin on SEN after the break
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 11:32:47 AM »
After Eade I suppose.  :-\

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 11:36:51 AM »
Sum-up

* happy to join us
* barracked for geelong not us
* hopes to play mid, thinks he's quick
* goals --> good preseason, play some games

richmondrules

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:38:31 AM »
* Relief and really happy
* Didn't care about not going number 1
* Barrack Geelong but a few players he like at Richmond
* TW likes him. He had a good time training with the club last year
* Happy to stay at home
* What sort of player are you? Midfielder pretty quick I 'spose.  (some laughs in background)
* Goals: Wants full preseason and get a game

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cotchin on 3aw
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 01:26:06 PM »
Cotchin on 3aw

* Happy to be at Richmond

* Geelong fan but poster on the wall - a couple of Lids

* Dad's of course happy he's staying in Melbourne

* The Age's Emma Quayle followed him around. Different but she was good. Didn't get too personal with her questions.

* Trent said he has already met a few of his new Tiger teammates.

* Training starts Monday.

richmondrules

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 01:35:30 PM »
I have this feeling Carlton getting the priority and taking Kruezer may be the best thing that happened to us this year. Kruezer reminds me of Ottens when he speaks and emphasised, over and over again, how relieved he was to be taken number 1 by Carlton. As there is NO doubt we would have taken him at 2 I take this as a huge slight against us. No doubt he will be a good player just like Ottens, but I think it's best he is not with us.

Trent is going to be a star. I feel more excited by him than I did by Lids in '04, and I was pretty excited by Lids. And I have a feeling Trent will be better than Kruezer though it is hard to compare 2 very different players. 8)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 12:58:10 AM »
I have this feeling Carlton getting the priority and taking Kruezer may be the best thing that happened to us this year. Kruezer reminds me of Ottens when he speaks and emphasised, over and over again, how relieved he was to be taken number 1 by Carlton. As there is NO doubt we would have taken him at 2 I take this as a huge slight against us. No doubt he will be a good player just like Ottens, but I think it's best he is not with us.

Trent is going to be a star. I feel more excited by him than I did by Lids in '04, and I was pretty excited by Lids. And I have a feeling Trent will be better than Kruezer though it is hard to compare 2 very different players. 8)
And the Blues will cop it if Trent does end up the more influential player like we cop it over Buddy. IMO both will end up very good players.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 09:17:30 PM »

And the Blues will cop it if Trent does end up the more influential player like we cop it over Buddy. IMO both will end up very good players.

Looking back now, the Blues might be thinking that they could have grabbed Cotchin, then a Bellchambers, Putt etc. at their next pick.

Just my opinion but i'd rather pick a gun midfielder than a ruck at number one.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 09:34:44 PM »

Looking back now, the Blues might be thinking that they could have grabbed Cotchin, then a Bellchambers, Putt etc. at their next pick.

ditto. Rucks are a tricky species, you just cannot predict how they will develop. The fact that you have star ruckman in lade, Cox and Sandilands being drafted late or in the rookie draft as opposed to just OK ruckmen in Fraser or Longmuir who were taken earlier further exemplifies the risks of taking rucks early

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 10:38:19 PM »

ditto. Rucks are a tricky species, you just cannot predict how they will develop. The fact that you have star ruckman in lade, Cox and Sandilands being drafted late or in the rookie draft as opposed to just OK ruckmen in Fraser or Longmuir who were taken earlier further exemplifies the risks of taking rucks early
Yep. Fraser, Ottens, Kosi, McIntosh, Laycock, Leuenberger, Patto, Wood were first round draft picks but the majority of ruckmen in the AFL weren't taken early on in the draft.  

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 10:51:10 PM »
And I have a feeling Trent will be better than Kruezer though it is hard to compare 2 very different players. 8)
Another comparison is Cyril Rioli vs Rance. The Hawks said before the draft they were after a key defender and then overlooked Rance at pick 12. Add then drafting a 110kg 28? y.o. Dew who has been out of the game for a year and me thinks the Hawkers are getting ahead of themselves :yep.

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 04:38:59 AM »
And I have a feeling Trent will be better than Kruezer though it is hard to compare 2 very different players. 8)
Another comparison is Cyril Rioli vs Rance. The Hawks said before the draft they were after a key defender and then overlooked Rance at pick 12. Add then drafting a 110kg 28? y.o. Dew who has been out of the game for a year and me thinks the Hawkers are getting ahead of themselves :yep.

Footscray were considering Rance at 5 if they didnt get Grant. We finally had some luck.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 09:03:29 AM »

So much for the no-one over 24 strategy.

Clarko looking after his Port Adelaide mates.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »

Footscray were considering Rance at 5 if they didnt get Grant. We finally had some luck.

Grant was always going to go to the doggies. no one in the top 4 had strong interest in him