Author Topic: Old Cricket Cards  (Read 5151 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Old Cricket Cards
« on: May 05, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »
Does anyone here collect the old cricket cards from the 1920's to 40's that used to come in cigarette packets, licorice (Giant Brand) & chocolate boxes (Hoadley)?

I have about 50 odd of various Australian and English players. I know they are of some value due to their age but if anyone collects them any advice would be appreciated.  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Old Cricket Cards
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 01:17:27 AM »
When I saw old cricket cards I was thinking the 70s with Lillee, Marsh and Thommo. A bit before my time tiga lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:03:09 AM »
No worries MT. They are well before my time too. I found a really great site http://www.guruofgarbage.com.au which is run by a fellow by the name of Rick Milne who has given me some very good info. He is also on radio and despite his hectic schedule he has responded to all my queries. He knows a lot about all sorts of collectables and antiques. He also seems to be well up on AFL/VFL stuff too. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 10:04:54 PM »
No worries MT. They are well before my time too. I found a really great site http://www.guruofgarbage.com.au which is run by a fellow by the name of Rick Milne who has given me some very good info. He is also on radio and despite his hectic schedule he has responded to all my queries. He knows a lot about all sorts of collectables and antiques. He also seems to be well up on AFL/VFL stuff too. :thumbsup
He's the bloke in the Record each week. You can ring him up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd