Author Topic: Polak  (Read 2959 times)

richmondrules

Re: Polak brings up cross-country ton (RFC)
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 12:07:42 PM »
Well done Polly.  :clapping :thumbsup

But Polak said there was no danger of the side feeling content.

“We don’t want to get to ahead of ourselves,” Polak said.

“We’ve won two out of four, so we just want to build on that.

I should bloody well hope not. We've beaten 2 bottom sides. Lost BADLY to 2 top sides. We have nothing to feel content about.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Polak
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 07:57:29 PM »
A caller asked David King if Polak is lazy?

Kingy thinks he's been outstanding since Richo left the forward line but he's still learning. He certainly isn't lazy.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 08:00:15 PM »
I think he just isn't quick, especially off the mark, hence why he is so good at contested marks

Richo is quick - Polak aint Richo
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
Continues to struggle.

Bring Hughes in at his expense for a week or two.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 09:02:21 PM »
Continues to struggle.

Bring Hughes in at his expense for a week or two.

Can you play the 3 in the same forward line, perhaps?

Reiwoldt Hughes Morton
Brown Polak Edwards

Too tall?

richmondrules

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 09:29:22 PM »
Can you play the 3 in the same forward line, perhaps?

Reiwoldt Hughes Morton
Brown Polak Edwards

Too tall?

You're not advocating some kind of ...er... triangle are you? Where have I heard that before? lol.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 09:45:41 PM »
Yet to be convinced.  Has a long way to go and if Hughes maintains his workrate and puts it together consistently at VFL level then Polak is in trouble.

GP is yet to take a game by the scruff of the neck and have a genuine match impact over his 100 games.

Jack has played less then 20 games and also kicked 3, so as the 2nd/3rd tall forward the influence on a match needs to be more pronounced.

It is all between the ears from GP, hopefully for the Tigers sake it clicks sooner rather than later.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »
If Polly could kick straight at goal :-\ he would've taken the Freo game by the scruff of the neck. He had a bit of a stinker on the weekend but I guess at least he takes the best tall defender off Jack while he's still developing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 11:09:54 PM »
I love Polaks hands but to me he just does not seem to be a natural foward. If he takes a grab he is always looking to dish off instead of kicking the goal himslef. Maybe he lacks confidance in his goal kicking but to me he just seems to have a backmans metality with a fowards ability to take a grab. Anybody else notice this??
Just to poach Fluffy's post from the Coburg v Collingwood thread, Polly's goalkicking is a toss of a coin for a supposed forward. After doing well to intercept the kick-in from Milburn, that miss of his in the third was a crucial miss. Instead of cancelling out Ling's goal and putting us 7 points (two kicks) up, Geelong ran it down from the second kick-in, hit the front and went on with it from there.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 12:45:16 AM »
What did we all think of Polak game yesterday in defence?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2008, 12:54:48 AM »
Polak - Thursfeild - Rance - Moore
JON - MCGaune

Throw the like of Gourdis into the mix and we seem to finally some some tall backs.

Gaspar - Kellaway - Graham

How things change  :cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2008, 01:00:26 AM »
He had a horrible turnover early in the game that cost us a goal that Tredrea kicked. Recovered his composure sufficiently and in my opinion I felt that he was solid without being spectacular. Took some nice contested marks in the last quarter when we were slowing the game down and initiated a couple of forward thrusts. Followed up his good game last week against the Dees with another good game this week. Have felt with his age height and ability to mark he could cement a place in the side so long as the challenge is put in front of him. Seems to have turned his form around especially since the Adelaide game.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 01:03:07 AM »
How should the back 6 look?

Polak - Thursfeild - McMahon
Newman - Rance - Moore

Tigermonk

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 09:59:23 AM »
His playing well & starting to show alot of progress,  in taking the opposition players on bursting away with speed his not shown before & fending off &  breaking tackles, delivering the ball alot better, everyone makes a mistake now & then but his now being played in the backline,  a place he should have always been kept in from when we drafted him.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 10:14:17 AM »
I know I have posted this before somewhere but I dont think Polak is a natural foward. He can take a grab like one but is insticts are not that of a goal kicker.  He looks much better down back and thought he played a good game this week. He has copped quite a bit from some on this board and it would be nice for them to come on and say he played at least "OK" this week. But we know that wont happen as that would be like admitting they were wrong even for one game.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!