Author Topic: Plough's aftermatch media conference / Wallace shattered by AAMI performance  (Read 885 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace shattered by AAMI performance
richmondfc.com.au
By Geoff Dodd
 7:33 PM Sun 10 August, 2008

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace has labelled the Tiger's performance against Adelaide today “a shocker” and says the club’s finals destiny now rests with others as well as his own side.

The Tigers will now have to win their final three matches against Hawthorn, Fremantle and Melbourne and hope other results go their way if they are to take part in September action.

The Crows smashed Richmond in today’s first half, leading by 10 goals to one at half time, and by 78 points midway through the third term, before finally running out 63 point winners.

“We’re bitterly disappointed with our performance,” Wallace said. “Obviously it was season-on-the-line stuff, and to come over and not play the game style that we want to play was disappointing.

“And it started virtually from the first kick of the game. We got hold of the first kick and when you want to kick the ball in (long) with the breeze … to kick the ball sideways and backwards was terribly disappointing.

“I don’t know why – we’ll obviously deal with that during the week, but that first half was ridiculously disappointing.

“This was a shocker. With the stakes so high … that’s what’s unpalatable.”

Wallace said his side’s inability to impose its own game structures against good sides or to adjust when it was obviously not working was the next hurdle for Richmond to overcome.

“We still clearly at the moment haven’t been able to get our game, structure and style going against the better sides in the competition – the sides that have played regular finals footy,” Wallace said.

“This was a very similar game to playing Sydney in Sydney earlier in the year for us.

“What you need to be able to do is either stand up and have your game structure stand up or be able to fight out a really dour one-on-one struggle when the conditions are like they were today. We weren’t able to do either.

“We’re a high scoring side who kicked one goal in the first half of an AFL game of footy. That’s not where we need to be, clearly. Either we’ve got to match what they’re doing, or we’ve got to be better at getting the game played on our terms.”

Body strength is another aspect Wallace says the Tigers clearly need to improve.

“We’ve still got a bit of work to do on the body strength of our side. We still are a young team. Running on top of the ground at Telstra Dome we look a different side; the conditions were very heavy out there today (and it was) old fashioned, suburban style heavy weather footy, and we didn’t handle it.

“It was back to basics type of day – I have no doubt they played the basics of the game a heck of a lot better than we did from start to finish. That was clearly the difference between the two sides.”

The Tigers reported no injuries from the match, although Nathan Foley sat out much of the game's second half with a hip knock.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=65219

jackstar

Terry Wallace= comedian, lol
Terry mentions "" body strength ""
Well well well, king of spin.
Why have YOU recuited light weights you clown.
Jordon McMahon, Richard Tambling. etc etc etc.
You need size not light weight runners. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
have a look at Geelong.

I still cant beleived we traded pick 19 for Jordon McMahon :banghead
And its quiet obvisous Patterson just isnt up to, hasnt enough brains and cant run.

Bye Terry.

Online crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Wallace is shattered is he?

Terry your a moron! The signs have been the all season.

1) Poor work ethic and zero gut running.
2) Lack of Fight and pride.
3) Lack of Team Work and Team Rules. Unwillingness to help your team mate.   
4) Very poor Leadership.
5) Unaccountable players (McMahon, Howat).
6) Poor forward set up.
7) Good players left out of the side (polo).
8) Stationary players up the ground.
9) Poor Ruck work.
10) Skill errors and Turnovers.

The funning thing is that we've had the same problems all year but you have done nothing to fix any of these issues, and now your shattered. Wake up moron, the buck stops with you!

David Swartz picked it up in 5 minutes into the game commentating today and most of us die hards have been noting it all year yet you the senior coach haven't got a clue.

Good bye and good riddens!

Tigermonk

Agree Sack the coach

bushranger

The buck stops at the coach. So did he say I coached badly this week and next week I will bench myself. I think not let blame the player for the way I coach.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Agree Sack the coach

Was three games left?  

Naa, but if we finish off with 3 poor games the current review may re-assess.  :-\  

We have looked disgraceful 2 weeks in a row after looking reasonable for a while.

It's Terry's job, and the senior players, to do as Malthouse did.  Get his players up to play in a ferocious attitude and for the senior players to lead by example early on the field, ala Scott Burns.   Unfortunately a statement like that from our team lands me in the "pigs might fly" zone.  :P :scream  
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

Agree Sack the coach

Was three games left?  

Naa, but if we finish off with 3 poor games the current review may re-assess.  :-\  

We have looked disgraceful 2 weeks in a row after looking reasonable for a while.

It's Terry's job, and the senior players, to do as Malthouse did.  Get his players up to play in a ferocious attitude and for the senior players to lead by example early on the field, ala Scott Burns.   Unfortunately a statement like that from our team lands me in the "pigs might fly" zone.  :P :scream  

True its upto the players to rebound after last weeks lose to Geelong & what we all seen Sunday was a totaly pathetic display of ugly football & the coach is the man who directs the traffic. To sit in the coaches box & laugh at mistakes is totaly unacceptable & is been shown all round the country.
l seriously think Wallace does not care what is happening at Richmond & has lost the players. 4 years & the bad signs are still at the club.
The media is having a field day, the commentators on TV laughing at the players making horrible mistakes & decisions.
Blame lays on the coach & the coaching staff. We played a very weakened Adelaide side & there are no more excuses for that debacle.

Word this afternoon is March is not a happy man & something is about to happen