Author Topic: I saw something....  (Read 1227 times)

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I saw something....
« on: August 31, 2008, 05:19:38 PM »
that I haven't seen in a long time!

Late in the last quarter, centre bounce, and guess what? Troy Simmonds did NOT jump 2 minutes too early. He actually timed his jump correctly. I poo you not. And what do you know, he won the tap. Amazing stuff.

Hellenic Tiger

Re: I saw something....
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »
Hahaha took him all year to get it right.
I thought overall he was good this year except for a few games after his Victorian selection in the Dream Team Game.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »
that I haven't seen in a long time!

Late in the last quarter, centre bounce, and guess what? Troy Simmonds did NOT jump 2 minutes too early. He actually timed his jump correctly. I pooh you not. And what do you know, he won the tap. Amazing stuff.

:rollin   cheers jezza! :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 08:25:52 PM »
Simmo jumps early because he's short for a modern tap ruckman. He just tries to contest and force a neutral situation and we then back our mids to win and clear from the stoppage. We still need a 205cm ruckman and that's why we are interested in Warnock. We haven't won the hitouts in a game all year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

bushranger

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 10:01:47 PM »
Simmo jumps early because he's short for a modern tap ruckman. He just tries to contest and force a neutral situation and we then back our mids to win and clear from the stoppage. We still need a 205cm ruckman and that's why we are interested in Warnock. We haven't won the hitouts in a game all year.
I need notr say any more this has said what I wanted to say.

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »
& Tucky even got a hitout  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »
It's a funny point TM.  I think you will find Tucky gets at least one hitout in almost every game we play.  One of those irrelevant but weird stats.

Footnote:  I just looked it up and he averages over 30 hitouts per full season played for us and this year has only missed getting a hitout in 4 games!

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 11:59:24 AM »
It's a funny point TM.  I think you will find Tucky gets at least one hitout in almost every game we play.  One of those irrelevant but weird stats.

Footnote:  I just looked it up and he averages over 30 hitouts per full season played for us and this year has only missed getting a hitout in 4 games!

his had a great year Smokey
guts all guts that bloke. He got a solid kick in the leg just before 3/4 time siren & he continued to run.
It certainly hurt him, but the bloke just keeps going.
l still say he will win the B&F with Moore most improved. l lost my money on Kingy  ;D l put it on at season start

PS, Coughlan l read got BOG for Coburg on the weekend, you still baking that pie  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »

guts all guts that bloke. He got a solid kick in the leg just before 3/4 time siren & he continued to run.
It certainly hurt him, but the bloke just keeps going.
l still say he will win the B&F

B&F is quite wide open now.  Good start by Richo but Lids and Tucky have come home with wet sails and I think it will be a close thing.

PS, Coughlan l read got BOG for Coburg on the weekend, you still baking that pie  ;D

:thumbsup  :)

Pre-season will tell much more but the pleasing thing is that he is playing and training continuously.  Once his strength and flexibility is up to a satisfactory level then we can really assess if he can make it back - at least he's getting a crack at it.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 01:26:21 PM »

Jack got 2 hitouts.  ;D
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.