Author Topic: Voss agrees to coach Brisbane  (Read 1921 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Voss agrees to coach Brisbane
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Voss agrees to coach Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »
As great a player as Voss was it's a still a big call and risk by Brisbane to go with him as senior coach.

Let's hope McRae doesn't have an out clause in his new contract with us to take up an assistant coaching role under Voss.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:32:12 AM »
Voss will have Lambert and Leppich to help him. 

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:17:30 PM »
When was the last time a coach was successful in his first job at a club where he spent his entire career?

Can't think of one recently although I suppose it just doesn't happen very often.

Roger Merrett did a decent job at Brisbane I suppose, but it might be tough for Vossy to tell a few of his mates that it is time to reitre/be traded.

bushranger

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 08:24:57 AM »
I think Voss getting the job that he really wanted is a little more than sus. I think there is more to this than is being let on and, Lee Matthews will not say a word against it as he's a team player.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »
I think Voss getting the job that he really wanted is a little more than sus. I think there is more to this than is being let on and, Lee Matthews will not say a word against it as he's a team player.
Even if Matthews was in on it, it looks like they were waiting to see if they would make the finals if Matthews decided to stay or not. Lethal has also come out today and bagged the Lions' leadership group for choking. Perhaps their was friction between Brown, Black and Power and Lethal. Maybe the players lost faith in Matthews' old school predictable gameplan. He didn't change things up and get numbers back in front of Richo and Bowden when we ran over them in the last quarter.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd