Author Topic: Vote for KB and Ronaldson - Greatest GF Goals  (Read 782 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Vote for KB and Ronaldson - Greatest GF Goals
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:48:31 PM »
Vote for history's best... Grand Final goals
afl.com.au

We've picked out what we reckon are the 10 best Grand Final goals in the televised era.

Watch them here: http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/77731

Vote for them here: http://www.afl.com.au/News/FinalsNews/HistorysBestGrandFinalGoals/tabid/13263/Default.aspx

John Ronaldson
Richmond v Geelong, 1967
The big Tiger drills a long bomb from a set shot on boundary in one of history's great grand finals.

John Sharrock
Geelong v Richmond, 1967
The clever Cat forward reads the ball beautifully off hands and kicks truly under pressure.

Ross ‘Twiggy’ Dunne
Collingwood v Carlton, 1970
Watch for the unnecessary bounce as 'Twiggy' wheels around for a long left-foot snap.

Bob Keddie
Hawthorn v St Kilda, 1971
The rugged Hawk recovers from a marking duel, gathers the ball and screws one around the corner.

Phil Manassa
Collingwood v North Melbourne, Grand Final replay, 1977
Is it the four bounces or the cleverly disguised feign that makes this a Grand Final classic?

Kevin Bartlett
Richmond v Collingwood, 1980
The little champ turns Stan Magro inside out as he nails one of seven for the day.

Gary Ablett Snr
Geelong v Hawthorn, 1989
Who else but Gazza would even think of trying this miracle snap from a boundary throw-in?

Peter Daicos
Collingwood v Essendon, 1990
Hard up against the boundary and under extreme pressure; standard fare for the Macedonian Marvel.

Michael Long
Essendon v Carlton, 1993
Longy is barely able to get the ball over a lunging Steve Silvagni after running, bouncing and baulking his way down the MCG.

Austinn ‘Aussie’ Jones
St Kilda v Adelaide, 1997
Five bounces and a dodgy handball later and Aussie Jones is banging one home on his left from 50 metres.

http://www.afl.com.au/News/FinalsNews/HistorysBestGrandFinalGoals/tabid/13263/Default.aspx

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Vote for KB and Ronaldson - Greatest GF Goals
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:14:59 PM »
I never get sick of seeing KB's goal  :bow. Always been my favourite. Ronaldson won't win it because it isn't spectacular or tricky but his goal won us the '67 flag  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:36:10 PM »
KB'S goal in 1980 is immortal pretty much sums up how pathetic Collingwood were on that great day and typified their forlorn results in Grand Finals. :bow

Although I never get sick of watching it, I do tire of that being our only color tv footage of GF success and can't wait for some more current action involving us.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 08:32:23 AM »
John Ronaldson's goal was amazing.  :thumbsup

I was a kid at that game, watching and yelling from the front row of the Northern stand and I can recall it like it was yesterday.

He kicked the ball from outside where the 50m line would be today, and right on the boundary line, it never looked like missing.