Author Topic: Heath Shaw DUI with Didak in the car  (Read 6810 times)

Ox

Re: Heath Shaw DUI
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »
new rumor - Didak was actually driving!!!
The Age today is reporting that Christine Nixon has the police checking this rumour out.

I believe eddie sorted this one out.....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
 :rollin

Senior policeman berated Collingwood for suspending Alan Didak and Heath Shaw
Tony Sheahan and Liam Houlihan | October 12, 2008

A SENIOR police officer berated Collingwood bosses for suspending Alan Didak and Heath Shaw. Paul Ritchie, sergeant at Boroondara, the police station that investigated the Shaw-Didak drunken car smash in Kew, sent the email to the club's chief executive.

The passionate Pies supporter said the decision to ban the players "virtually ended any chance we have of making a real impact in the finals this year".

Sgt Ritchie sent the email to Pies boss Gary Pert just four days after his officers attended Shaw and Didak's car accident scene in August. Sgt Ritchie did not attend the scene.

"This has unfairly and prematurely ended the season for the rest of the playing group, the club's long suffering members and supporters and, just as importantly, the club's sponsors who want the team to win . . . to justify the large sums of money they pump into the club," he said.

The senior officer also defended Didak, who fled the scene of the car smash then lied to the AFL club about his presence in the car.

"Alan has attracted bad publicity for all the wrong reasons, yet has NEVER been convicted of traffic or criminal offence in a court, unlike a lot of other players . . . playing in AFL clubs," Sgt Ritchie wrote.

Sgt Ritchie, who has held his rank for more than 12 years, lobbied Mr Pert that the players' cover-up was sticking to the values of the Magpies anthem.

"As for their lying . . . Shaw thought he was protecting Didak for being out drinking and Didak didn't want to put Shaw in for lying to you, so he went along with the story.

"I think 'mateship' is the terminology -- Side By Side We Stick Together," Sgt Ritchie wrote.

Sgt Ritchie yesterday said he wrote the email as a Pies fan and club member -- not as a police officer.

"The idea was to get the players back on the field before the end of the finals. It didn't happen so now put it to rest," he said.

Sgt Ritchie distributed the email to a third party, but yesterday said he asked that person to show it only to "a couple" of Collingwood people.

In the email, Sgt Ritchie offered to mentor Didak or "watch him", rather than see the player traded to another club. Mr Pert confirmed he received the letter.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24481687-19742,00.html

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Heath Shaw DUI with Didak in the car
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 10:48:01 AM »
Crime syndicates should consider relocating to Boroondara. Carry a CD of the Magpies anthem for insurance.

Good to get confirmation of what I always suspected - cover ups and lying are Collingwood values.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ox

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »
scaary to think that we pay guys with guns who are that stupid..........

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 03:07:42 PM »
Sgt Ritchie... eh

As opposed to Senior Sgt Ritchie of speed camera fame....

Here's a tip for ya Sgt Ritchie... you want to send your beloved Pies a letter of sooking regarding Didak & Shaw that's your choice but I'd apprecate it if you kept you occupation out of it.... Please explain how the HUN found out that this letter came from "Sgt Ritchie"

I know too cycnical :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »
idiots they are.

idiots running our state
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »
Constable: Hey Sarge, we just picked up a couple of idiots who crashed their car and the driver was caught over .05.

Sgt: Good work Constable.

Constable: And guess what Sarge. They were two Collingwood players.

Sgt: You idiot. You're fired. Next you'll accuse my boys of the Kennedy assassination.

:wallywink

I thought we already had a commission into corruption in the police force  :whistle
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd