Author Topic: 2009 logo and jumper?  (Read 5744 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 2009 logo and jumper?
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 01:17:42 AM »

Like this one even better. Nice job wayne  :thumbsup.

I know I'm in the minority but with revenues falling in the current climate I could easily accept us running out in an alternative strip as well as score more merchandise revenue to boot. It would only be for 1-2 games per year anyway such as playing away to Essendon. Guernseys #9, #3 and #12 would sell like hotcakes.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 07:20:38 AM »

I know I'm in the minority but with revenues falling in the current climate I could easily accept us running out in an alternative strip as well as score more merchandise revenue to boot. It would only be for 1-2 games per year anyway such as playing away to Essendon. Guernseys #9, #3 and #12 would sell like hotcakes.

#3  :nope

#17  :yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 05:40:25 PM »

#3  :nope

#17  :yep
;D

#3 might have wait for the #17 given #1 with be free  ;).

Seriously I think the club needs to bite the bullet especially in the current economic climate and get ahead of the pack and come up with a proper alternative jumper like wayne's designs. We're fortunate we have such popular and great colours to be creative with. Everyone loves tigers  :thumbsup. You could use wayne's black version during preseason and the yellow one against Essendon away.

Ramps

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 06:20:59 PM »
The 2 jumpers he has come up with are the 2 best alternative jumpers ive seen put forward. The club should seriously look at them as alternatives.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »
Just on our logo, going by the updated RFC site, it looks like we're going back to the old one with Est. 1885 underneath it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2008, 11:33:10 PM »
The 2 jumpers he has come up with are the 2 best alternative jumpers ive seen put forward. The club should seriously look at them as alternatives.
Agree Ramps. You should contact the club wayne  :thumbsup.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 12:02:22 AM »
i like them both. the yellow seems orange though. what is with the "dick smith" logo with a right high tick ??? looks silly!

but those designs are brilliant! Sony - looks good as a sponsor! would be good if we do get Sony! AIG - would of been better :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 03:37:48 AM »
what is with the "dick smith" logo with a right high tick ??? looks silly!
It's not a tick. The whole logo is the letter "d" in the new font of dick smith's. 

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 09:35:01 PM »
Getting back to the original link to the collingwood website. Anyone see the banner?? It says "Collingwogd" if you use the traditional letter number substitution :rollin Whoever the mental giant was that came up with that one I'd love to see his licence plate!  ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2008, 06:04:36 AM »
Getting back to the original link to the collingwood website. Anyone see the banner?? It says "Collingwogd" if you use the traditional letter number substitution :rollin Whoever the mental giant was that came up with that one I'd love to see his licence plate!  ::)
ADH - 001  ;). Nah I think that 'g' is meant to be a '9'.

We should've done something similar to Essendon and mocked the bluebaggers latest slogan:

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=6170

Ramps

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2008, 01:02:30 PM »

I think the club should seriously consider these jumpers that have been put forward, and I would actually go further that you MT,I would wear the black version in the night series and  I would wear the yellow version of this jumper in the actual season not only against Essendon, but against Interstate Clubs as well when we are the away team, I dont recall how many games that would be - maybe about 4 ... but if we could package up the new jumper with a naming sponsorship deal for the back of the jumper then I think the club should look at it. The publicity generated and the merchandise sales would make it worthwhile.

I just checked we have 4 interstate trips as the away team, 1 game on the Gold coast as the home team, and 1 jumper clash v Essendon as the away team. You could wear the jumper on 6 games and really make an impact in terms of sponsorship and merchandise, but the supporters who hate change would probably be against it, the thing is though if you can get the sponsorship deal then that fixes the black hole in the finances, I think its a fair compromise.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2008, 05:00:48 PM »

this is a brilliant design. i hope we see this jumper!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2008, 08:20:10 PM »

I think the club should seriously consider these jumpers that have been put forward, and I would actually go further that you MT,I would wear the black version in the night series and  I would wear the yellow version of this jumper in the actual season not only against Essendon, but against Interstate Clubs as well when we are the away team, I dont recall how many games that would be - maybe about 4 ... but if we could package up the new jumper with a naming sponsorship deal for the back of the jumper then I think the club should look at it. The publicity generated and the merchandise sales would make it worthwhile.

I just checked we have 4 interstate trips as the away team, 1 game on the Gold coast as the home team, and 1 jumper clash v Essendon as the away team. You could wear the jumper on 6 games and really make an impact in terms of sponsorship and merchandise, but the supporters who hate change would probably be against it, the thing is though if you can get the sponsorship deal then that fixes the black hole in the finances, I think its a fair compromise.
I wouldn't have a problem using it in more away games (like your suggestion btw Ramps) but most Tiger supporters are anti any alternative jumper. So initially I would go for just 1 or 2 games to show what they look like to our own supporters and the club should emphasise it is the RFC's initiative to help the club; not the AFL dictating to us. If they become popular/likeable enough with the majority of supporters (winning in them would help big time of course) then the club would find it easier the following year or two to extend their use to interstate away games as well as you've suggested Ramps. The centenary game might have been a flop on field but I was amazed how many U25 Tiger fans were wearing the centenary jumper at the game. That's the supporter demographic you're targeting.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
Updated sponsor...  :pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame