Author Topic: Simply a waste  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Aron

• Future Richmond star
Simply a waste
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »
Now the time has come to say have the past 4 years and 3 games been a complete waste of time. What do we need to do in the future? how can we avoid another terry/danny/robert/ Jeoff problem?

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Simply a waste
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »
good question :)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 01:20:38 AM »
A good start would be to adopt the Hawthorn philosophy of "if you cant kick you cant play".
Unleash the tornado

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:03 AM »
A good start would be to adopt the Hawthorn philosophy of "if you cant kick you cant play".

Is it just me or our skill errors worse than most other teams skill errors?

I mean, our errors seem to be that bad that opposition teams will score from our mistakes, whereas if a team makes a mistake against us the ball will run out of bounds or still go to a contest of sorts.

Are our errors that bad that teammates just drop their head and give up. Like a 15 metre pass that ends up a grubber and misses a target? It deflates the team.

Or is this just an indication of how bad we are pressuring teams, tackling and getting to contests.

If other teams make mistakes, they always have a bit of extra time up there sleeve, because of our lack of pressure.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:55:06 AM »

Is it just me or our skill errors worse than most other teams skill errors?

I mean, our errors seem to be that bad that opposition teams will score from our mistakes, whereas if a team makes a mistake against us the ball will run out of bounds or still go to a contest of sorts.

You know you are having a bad trot when your mistakes aren't even up to AFL standard!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 01:57:01 PM »
With this rolling zones errors will come to the fore, the Bullfrogs kicked the ball out of the bounds four times on the weekend coming out of defence on their half back line.

Although in saying this I do think ATM we are making more errors than most.  Our delivery out of defence needs to be spot on and Kingy didn't cut it on the weekend.  I hate to say it but until we get a better option than Raines or King bringing the ball out of the backline it may fall to mister popular Jordy M to fill the role.

Also Aron I am curious are you Jackstar's mum by any chance?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 06:40:58 PM by Chuck17 »

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 02:00:42 PM »
With this rolling zones errors will come to the fore, the Bullfrogs kicked the ball out of the bounds four times on the weekend coming out of defence on their half back line.

That's what I mean, it's out on the full, it's not a play on opportunity where everyone is out of position.

Our mistakes are rebounded on us with lightning speed, usually through the middle and we pay the ultimate price.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 02:09:39 PM »
That's what I mean, it's out on the full, it's not a play on opportunity where everyone is out of position.

Our mistakes are rebounded on us with lightning speed, usually through the middle and we pay the ultimate price.

Yep agree there.

I wonder how you can coach a side to make less hurtful mistakes though?

The bulldog mistakes were them pushing the ball wide not like ours up the middle of the ground.  A lot of supporters say stuff this zone crap just go up the guts and play footy but we have shown that when your skills are not up to it you get punished badly.  So what do you then kick sideways and backwards and get bagged for not playing attacking footy.

When your sides skills are not up to this zone it really is a no win sitaution for the coach and his game plan.

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 05:21:30 PM »
The problem is Richmond are predictable when moving the ball
its all our skill coaches, they dont know how to adjust to the modern game & the players suffer