Author Topic: Great win Tiges  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Great win Tiges
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 06:03:35 PM »
Anyone who thinks we run teams into form should be watching Melbourne and the Crows at the moment!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 06:36:44 PM »

Yes, I'm sure if we lost and we had injured players, that wouldn't come into the equation.  But as soon as it happens with the opposition, you can bet your life that was the reason they lost  :lol

And if the perennial finals team who was widely tipped to be a contender again this year is sooooooo shallow in depth that the minute Harvey goes down they are stuffed then you have to question everything about them.  Nope, we beat them fair and square - we wanted it more, we tackled harder, we pressured constantly (the key one imho), we attacked, we kept it simple.  Sorry to those who it offends - Richmond were the better side and the result went that way, no excuses.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 09:25:11 PM »
TW commented last week that the most important thing we needed to do was get back to winning the contested footy

Last night we did and we reaped the benefits. Playing man on man didn't harm things either  ;D

But after 4 weeks of absolute hell last night was sweet

There was a passion there that I want to see every week. Seriously up until last night we had only witnessed it for 2 and bit quarters against Geelong

Interestingly the one constant out of the these 2 games was Brett Deledio breaking the lines

Other thing I notcied at 3qtr time was TW called Lids & Tambling over for a one on one chat, got the feeling they were thrown the challenge.. dont' think either disappointed. Tambling may not have got the numbers but his attack on the footy was great
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 09:38:49 PM »
Happy with the win. Very happy.

Overall good team effort. Would be nicer if we had beat Melbourne and we were 2-3 looking to square the ledger next week but I guess maybe we needed last week to occur for something better long term to begin with our footy club. Nevertheless one on one contested footy worked for us last year and we used it successfully against a team we have beaten once since 2001. Here's to beating the Swans this week. At least we can walk with our heads held high for once this week. Nice to see that Shinboner Spirit last night on the ground and leaving after Bowden's first goal in the last quarter. :thumbsup

Momentum Tigers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 09:45:34 PM »
Nice to see that Shinboner Spirit last night on the ground and leaving after Bowden's first goal in the last quarter. :thumbsup

Just on North - they are in massive trouble and I am not talking about the on-field, I am talking off field. There were just under 30K there last night and I reckon 70% of them were Tiger fans and that's being conservative.

Pre-game they were going on and on about how they need members, if your a true fan your a member they whined... have a news flash for them your fans don't care!!!! They cared last year because they thought they were gone. I said their test would be this year and beyond.. and their supporters and their so called spirit have spoken  and guess what they don't care. Will say it again the Roos are in massive trouble...should have gone to the Gold Coast

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 09:51:17 PM »
NORTH will eventually merge with the gold coast team, they will become the GC Kangaroos, its inevitable

and imo, within 10 years , the hawks will be in Tassie

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 10:05:48 PM »
Nice to see that Shinboner Spirit last night on the ground and leaving after Bowden's first goal in the last quarter. :thumbsup

Just on North - they are in massive trouble and I am not talking about the on-field, I am talking off field. There were just under 30K there last night and I reckon 70% of them were Tiger fans and that's being conservative.

Pre-game they were going on and on about how they need members, if your a true fan your a member.... have a news flash for them your fans don't care!!!! They cared last year because they thought they were gone. I said their test would be this year and beyond.. and their supporters and their so called spirit have spoken  and guess what they don't care. Will say it again the Roos are in massive trouble...should have gone to the Gold Coast

Stuff them WP. Hate their guts.

Shinboner Spirit my gulo. Insignificant an characterless footy club. That's why I hate losing to them. Inferiority complex of a footy club. Make up things like Shinboner Spirit to pull together their small pool of fans in creating a rivalry with other teams to help them to belong and feel part of a competition that do not give a rats gonad if they exist or not. Take a look at your history 4 flags in 85 seasons. If they could not build their supporter base during the Carey years of success than this pathetic excuse of a footy club never will. Glad they did not go to the Gold Coast. James Brayshaw is a moron getting 1000 fans fired up to keep them in Melbourne. If it ever hapenned I would rather have the Tigs relocate interstate and keep their identity than lose all semblance of their existence ala Swans and Bris Vegas. Saw North in 2nd semi against the Hawks in 2007 and in a 75K crowd I can honestly say that 50K were Hawks 10-15 were neutrals taking up the AFL section and the rest were North it was like an interstate team was playing a final against a Vic Team at the G.
Agree WP 29K yesterday and at least 20K Tiger fans. Too cold a night for anyone to argue there were too many neutrals there for a defence case for these Characterless Clowns
Stuff them.

Anyway back to the Tigers Great win and lets keep it going. :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »
Stuff them WP. Hate their guts.

Totally with ya Tucker

It makes the win all the more sweeter  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 10:12:23 PM »
NORTH will eventually merge with the gold coast team, they will become the GC Kangaroos, its inevitable

I don't know about that TT. North knocked back the AFL proposal a couple of years back to relocate to the GC so why would the AFL keep this gypsy footy club afloat.

Hawks you may be on the money as it seems to be the concensus although if they have prolonged on field success and retain 50K give or take members per annum why would they? If it aint broke don't fix it.

Anyway back to the Tiges. Great win last night. 16th in round 3 15th after round 4 14th after round 5. If we keep this up we'll be top of the tree after Round 18.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 10:17:35 PM »

Anyway back to the Tiges. Great win last night. 16th in round 3 15th after round 4 14th after round 5. If we keep this up we'll be top of the tree after Round 18.

Be careful Tucker... if that happens TW will have a new contract  ;D :rollin

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 10:17:58 PM »

I don't know about that TT. North knocked back the AFL proposal a couple of years back to relocate to the GC so why would the AFL keep this gypsy footy club afloat.

Hawks you may be on the money as it seems to be the concensus although if they have prolonged on field success and retain 50K give or take members per annum why would they? If it aint broke don't fix it.

when u said my gulo earlier, didnt u mean my culo?

anyway, in a couple of years or so, north wont have a choice, it will be merge or fold, the afl gave them a chance to relocate, next time it will be merge or die.......goodbye

and i reckon by midseason we will be in the 8 and looking great