Author Topic: Lids on 3aw aftergame  (Read 995 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lids on 3aw aftergame
« on: April 25, 2009, 09:59:50 PM »
Lids on 3aw

* Haven't sang the song for while but it was great to win for Cogsy

* He's put in so much to get his body right and so many setbacks.

* Connolly said our spirit has never waned despite the media pressure. Cogs keeps our spirits up so another reason to win for him.

* Credit to those inside Foley, Tuck, Whitey who got it out to us on the outside like me and Tambling.

* Jacko and Whitey are the fittest blokes at the club and they were still running hard in the last when everyone else stopped.

* Our aim was to beat them inside and then out run them outside.

* Only one week. Need to beat the Swans next week.

* Connolly said our last quarter last week despite the loss boosted the confidence and it carried into a 4 quarter effort this week.

* We played some good sides in the first 3 weeks not taking anything away from Melbourne as they beat us. But we took it up to Geelong so we know we can match these sides when we play good footy. Need to do it next week against the Swans.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Lids on 3aw aftergame
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:15:03 PM »
Foley on the ABC

- Have a good bunch of young blokes who have been able to maintain a sense of humour at punt rd this year
- Terry too professional to show that he was under the pump
- It wasnt really mentioned that we had to do it for the coach??? but wwe have been positive anyway and never really gave it a thought
 also the inevitable was bought up.... did Richmond function better because Richo(For a long time) and Brown werent there? Aussie Jones said that it is not Richo's fault he is the no. 1 target it is the mid field coaches of the last 12 years as it is the mid field that kicks to Richo when better offers are available.
Aussie also said that we would only have beaten the roos as they grossly under performed and Freo on tonights performance :banghead must have had money on the roos

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
Its pretty clear to me that going forward this is Deledios team, he should be captain of the club when the new coach arrives.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:23:11 AM »
Its pretty clear to me that going forward this is Deledios team, he should be captain of the club when the new coach arrives.

So he won't be captain for another few years then?   ;D

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »

if cogs stays fit , he should be captain as of next season

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »

I see what your saying, and I get the feeling if he hadnt been so injured over the past 2 or 3 years, he would be captain now rather than Newman, the issue is I feel that Mark should just concentrate on his footy and his fitness and trying to get through the rest of this season and then hopefully another 4 or 5. Hes a young "27 yo" if we manage him properly and he has some luck we may have him for another 4 or 5 years, but he probably doesnt need the captaincy as an add on- just myopinion.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 10:10:46 PM »

I see what your saying, and I get the feeling if he hadnt been so injured over the past 2 or 3 years, he would be captain now rather than Newman, the issue is I feel that Mark should just concentrate on his footy and his fitness and trying to get through the rest of this season and then hopefully another 4 or 5. Hes a young "27 yo" if we manage him properly and he has some luck we may have him for another 4 or 5 years, but he probably doesnt need the captaincy as an add on- just myopinion.

and your opinion is a good one.

its inevitable that lids is next captain in waiting, its a shame injuries buggered up his chance of being captain now