Author Topic: Conference 12pm  (Read 2891 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Conference 12pm
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »
Chris Newman asked Terry Wallace to move on  yesterday. thus all this has happened.
Wallace was sacked last night. ;)
Today , Newman fronts the media and says that Terrys post match was great.
Interesting stuff there Chris Newman.  You know who pays your salary thats for sure. :shh
Someone should ask Mitch Morton his view on things ;)

WA TIGER, please read the above. you might find this is 100% factual

I'm actually sick of this behind the scenes stuff anyone actually got the balls to put there avatar on teh line and describe what they believe to be the truth?

Are we to believe that Wallace gave Morton a spray after the game for taking it on instead of our chip chip game?

Are we to believe that the playing group were unhappy for the spray and banded together to out Wallace?

Are to then believe that Wallace walked?

Are we then lead to believe the club backflipped and brought him back?

This doesn't make sense and it's 100% the media's fault this is an absolute disgrace. Mark Robinson should be close to losing his job full stop if not already. Anything other than sport and you'd be looking serious serious legal action.
How is that factual, where has Newman or the club come out and said that has happened Jack..... please.
Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
Well if thats what happened then thats what happened but as far as I am concerned it's here say, gee did the poor little players get a bit upset..... God stuffing help them if Malthouse or Williams comes to the club because they will pay out on them on the ground in front of everyone.

That is the problem, we have had too many nice coaches all the way from Giesham then Frawley and now Wallace, they have all been hung because they are too nice. I have not seen one of our players berated on feild since Northy....... along time ago.

Lets bring an angry prick to the club and sort these pussies out!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »
Well if thats what happened then thats what happened but as far as I am concerned it's here say, gee did the poor little players get a bit upset..... God effing help them if Malthouse or Williams comes to the club because they will pay out on them on the ground in front of everyone.

That is the problem, we have had too many nice coaches all the way from Giesham then Frawley and now Wallace, they have all been hung because they are too nice. I have not seen one of our players berated on feild since Northy....... along time ago.

Lets bring an angry prick to the club and sort these pussies out!!

Ludicrous comments.

This has snow balled massively no one knows whats going on.

Thank you Mark Robinson you fat clown.

This is a genuine debacle.

Monday we woke up thinking hey we put in a super performance on Monday. Now the media make up some fantasy fairytale and have brought us back to Round 1 hysteria.

Absolutely dumbfounded. I'm so angry.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 05:19:42 PM »
Absolutely dumbfounded. I'm so angry.

You're angry Popelord

I am just damn embarrassed, anger is in there too but embarrassed more than anything
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 05:24:30 PM »
I'm furious.

I'm thinking Caro for god's sake save us in tomorrow's paper. KB save us on SEN Tomorrow. Get the credibility back you can't have a paper just go with a story that is completely untrue.

Where are you Gary March?

This can't be allowed to go on. Terry needs to come out and tell the truth. If it matches what Newman is saying then I'll sleep easily.

Can't have so called no it all's saying that Newman is lieing and it's all been hidden. Why?? For what purpose?? Grr. :banghead
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 09:53:25 PM »
I've heard from a different source (directly from the playing group) that what Jack is saying is basically correct.  Wallace paid out on a couple, the players did their revolt thingy, subsequent meetings were held and decisions 'apparently' made.  Backflips began after that.
What did the players expect after being 16 points up with 10 minutes to go and then 9 points up with 3 mins to go - "good try boys we'll get them next time". 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 10:12:57 PM »
I've heard from a different source (directly from the playing group) that what Jack is saying is basically correct.  Wallace paid out on a couple, the players did their revolt thingy, subsequent meetings were held and decisions 'apparently' made.  Backflips began after that.
What did the players expect after being 16 points up with 10 minutes to go and then 9 points up with 3 mins to go - "good try boys we'll get them next time". 
Good point MT....I like to think it might be a generation Y thing....but alas I think its a Richmond thing.
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 10:47:59 PM »
Good point MT....I like to think it might be a generation Y thing....but alas I think its a Richmond thing.
I would say it's more a losing team thing. We choked and not for the first time. If you keep repeating the same bad and dumb mistakes then don't be surprised when the coach snaps. You can't have a soft skin in footy. Who is going to have the courage within the playing group to change the culture? Everyone remembers Chapman at Geelong bagging the Cats' playing group in the paper because he was sick of teammates picking and choosing when to go when it was their turn. Who is going to make a stand and start raising the bar at Tigerland?

Jackstar is back

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 10:55:16 PM »
you cant have the coach abusing players in front of other players
Also the players have had enough of him

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »
Why the hell not? Making an example of someone who doesn't perform is often the only way to get through to someone.
We've had coaches use press conferences to berate a player, what's worse than that?
We've had coaches sack a player mid season for being crap, that's worse than getting blasted in a post match review too.

I think our players are a little scared to get their feelings hurt. Bunch of pansies if this really was an issue. Suck it up!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 11:08:33 PM »
Why the hell not? Making an example of someone who doesn't perform is often the only way to get through to someone.
We've had coaches use press conferences to berate a player, what's worse than that?
We've had coaches sack a player mid season for being crap, that's worse than getting blasted in a post match review too.

I think our players are a little scared to get their feelings hurt. Bunch of pansies if this really was an issue. Suck it up!
You dont know what was said, it wasnt good at all, Players have had enough. 20 goal loss coming up this week

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 11:12:11 PM »

You dont know what was said, it wasnt good at all, Players have had enough. 20 goal loss coming up this week

I don't care, it's words and it was deserved, the players lost the game from a winning position for the umpteenth time, it's what we are best at. Sticks and stones...

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2009, 12:16:13 AM »

When I was 20 my Boss gave me one almighty spray along the lines of "you dumb useless Fish n Chip"in front of my co workers and a shop full of customers.It was over a mistake I made that cost him $4.....The result-I never made that mistake again and I was running that mans business within a year.
Its a shame what has transpired..TW was out of line..but a well deserved spray never hurt anyone.
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2009, 01:48:59 AM »

I don't care, it's words and it was deserved, the players lost the game from a winning position for the umpteenth time, it's what we are best at. Sticks and stones...
I agree Infamy. It's a worry that our players can't cop a deserved massive spray from a coach without running off to mummy  :nopity. If players keep breaking team rules time after time any coach would snap.

No wonder we cave as soon as pressure is applied by the opposition and it all gets too hard. Enough is enough with losing games from winning positions  :banghead.

As for a 20 goal loss this week - that would just further prove the players are mentally soft and will use any excuse to not perform at the level required  ::).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond Tigers unite behind coach Terry Wallace (Australian)
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 04:59:38 AM »
Richmond Tigers unite behind coach Terry Wallace
Greg Denham | May 20, 2009 | The Australian

RICHMOND's hierarchy believes the club will emerge from a crisis meeting yesterday more stable and stronger after the Tigers formed a united front around embattled coach Terry Wallace, by insisting he will coach out his contract until the end of the season.

Following a discussion late on Monday, initiated by Richmond captain Chris Newman with Wallace -- leaving the coach feeling a little uneasy about his immediate future -- a secret meeting away from the club's Punt Road headquarters was scheduled for yesterday morning by Tigers football manager Craig Cameron.

Present at the Port Melbourne location was Cameron, Wallace, Richmond president Gary March, 14 senior players, including the leadership group, and injured star Matthew Richardson.

The players were addressed first in-camera by Cameron before being spoken to by Wallace and March. The meeting lasted 90 minutes. Wallace went home to work on his strategies for Saturday night's match with Essendon at the MCG, while players filtered back to Richmond for training sessions overseen by Wallace's assistant coaches.

Cameron said he had no doubt that communication within Richmond would be vastly improved as a result of the meeting.

"Things got aired, and now I think there's finally clarity at this football club," he said. "We are now in a far better position than we were last week because now we know where we're all coming from."

Richmond sits 15th on the ladder, with one win fewer than at the corresponding time last year, when the Tigers rallied late to finish ninth, missing the finals by two points.

With just one win from their first eight games, the Tigers have been under siege from all fronts, but Wallace was given full support by Richmond's powerbrokers amid media speculation that the coach was preparing for an early exit.

However, Wallace, who is in his fifth and final year of a contract at Punt Road, is unlikely to have his tenure extended beyond this season.

Following a gut-wrenching three-point loss to Port Adelaide on Sunday, when Richmond had fought its way back to take a seemingly unbeatable lead in the final minutes, several media outlets yesterday ran with news that Wallace had been sacked based on the perception of a swell of player upheaval.

However, first-year captain Chris Newman said his playing group fully supported their coach and that it was his role as head of the leadership group to ensure that players did not become affected by yet another distraction.

Newman said he and his teammates expected Wallace to be at the club for the rest of the season.

During Monday's meeting with Wallace, Newman raised several of his players' issues, which were understood to have included queries over selection process and match-day tactics.

Cameron said the specifics of yesterday's meeting involved setting a standard, which would translate into winning games.

"We thought it was important, with our season at one and seven, for us to actually make sure that we were all on the same page, make sure that we we're heading in the right direction and that we could have an open and frank meeting," Cameron said.

"We've come out of that meeting knowing exactly where we're headed with Terry Wallace continuing as coach of our football team. It was very important not to let anything get in the way of what we need to achieve for the rest of the year."

Cameron stressed that Wallace had never offered his resignation to Richmond.

He also denied Wallace had been sacked and then reinstated. "There was no point in time when Terry wasn't the coach of Richmond," he said.

"There's been a lot of speculation about the position that Terry's in, about our club over the last month, but at no stage has our club altered from its course that we have a process in place to review Terry's position from 2010 onwards and we haven't budged from that position."

Wallace did not appear at last night's regular board meeting, after last week requesting to attend, to personally update directors of his eagerness to coach out his contract and on the progress of a number of the 35 players he has so far used at senior level this season.

"After speaking to Gary (March) today, and fundamentally everything he was going to speak about at the board meeting now has been covered," Cameron said.

Both Newman and Cameron scoffed at suggestions that Wallace had "lost" his players after their narrow loss to Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium last Sunday.

"He was emotional, everyone was upset and some players were told some home-truths which is pretty normal post-match," Cameron said.

Newman said: "He was sensational after the game, his post-match speech was really good and obviously (he was) pretty upset with the loss as we all were."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25509186-2722,00.html