Author Topic: Miller interested in Troy Simmonds  (Read 4848 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Miller interested in Troy Simmonds
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2004, 02:04:56 PM »
I hope we aren't going to give up a first round draft pick for him.

As I've said before, 2005 is a write off, it doesn't matter if we play Peter Everitt or David Rodan in the ruck we will be down the bottom regardless.

I'd rather pick up Simmonds in the PSD or not at all.

We might get your wish John according to The Australian:

-----------------------

"On the merry-go-round, Fremantle appear certain to lose off-contract ruckman Troy Simmonds to Richmond and possibly for no compensation in return.

Simmonds' management yesterday informed the Dockers he had agreed not to be traded to another club and would move on a long-term deal to the Tigers, who had first pick in the pre-season draft."

----------------------

Give 'em Fiora as compensation ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2004, 02:20:39 PM »
Fiora :lol

I think a swap of Darren Gaspar for Troy Simmonds would be fair. Won't happen, but I think that would have been an adequate trade.

Bulluss

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2004, 03:34:52 PM »
I hope we trade for him!

We have Freo over the barrel on this one. Simmonds had told them to trade him to Richmond and no one else. If they dont like what we have offered he will tell them to stick it and we will get him in the PSD.

If Freo want to get something for him then they will pretty much have to take what we offer. Obviously they arent going to take a 5th/6th round draft pick, but i reckon we should offer them Fiora.

Maybe Fiora could go to Port along with another Docker and Simmonds to Richmond and Carr to Freo.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Simmonds to stay at Freo
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2004, 06:03:42 PM »
Ch 10 news claims Simmonds will stay at Freo after they agreed to a 4 year deal  :P
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd