Author Topic: Harvey gives Terry text support (Herald-Sun)  (Read 963 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Harvey gives Terry text support (Herald-Sun)
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »
Harvey gives Terry text support
AAP | May 27, 2009 05:45pm

MARK Harvey has called on critics to leave Terry Wallace alone amid reports the Richmond coach is battling stress-related health issues.

Wallace confirmed last week he had lost 4kg within a matter of days as speculation of a player-coach rift surfaced.

The 50-year-old, who is in the final season of his lucrative five-year contract, will become just the 16th man to notch 500 games as a player and coach when his Tigers face Fremantle at Subiaco Oval on Saturday.

But Wallace's days at the helm of Richmond appear numbered, with a mid-season review to determine his fate.

Harvey said Wallace should be remembered for his past feats as a player and coach rather than this year's disastrous 1-8 start to the season.

"What a sensational effort that is," Harvey said of Wallace's impending milestone.

"He's been through a lot of scrutiny over the last six, eight weeks.

"I think we need to be a lot more remembering of the contribution of what Terry Wallace has done to the AFL and VFL.

"There's not too many guys that have done that but here we are seeing a regular day-to-day basis of the critical nature of how he's going about his coaching or whether he should or shouldn't stay.

"He's brought an enormous amount to the game and we shouldn't forget that.

"However long he coaches, just remember all the good things he's done."

Harvey revealed he had been giving Wallace support through a series of text messages.

"The conversations are along the lines of backing your instinct, telling them how good a coach you think they are, those sort of things," Harvey said.

"Terry's very inventive as a coach.

"If you go back and look at some of Terry's greatest wins as a coach, it's been when his back's been against the wall.

"I remember in 2000 when he was coaching the Bulldogs (and he masterminded a win over the previously unbeaten Bombers).

"There'll be some mind games on Saturday night."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25546962-19742,00.html

Jackstar is back

Re: Harvey gives Terry text support (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 07:51:47 PM »
Mark Harvey  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :help ::)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »
good on him but sorry Mark Terry wasn't complaining when he signed up for 650k for 5 years.

That being said No Game is bigger than the man and if reports are true about his Weight loss and stress levels well thats not good IMO
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »
good on him but sorry Mark Terry wasn't complaining when he signed up for 650k for 5 years.

That being said No Game is bigger than the man and if reports are true about his Weight loss and stress levels well thats not good IMO
Am I detecting some compassion daniel.....are you just a big softy at heart ? :lol :thumbsup
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 09:23:48 PM »
I still think TW does not deserve the pressure and attacks he is enduring at the moment. I know few on here would agree with me but I honestly believe we will have a lot to thank TW for in years to come in terms of our list. People state that the list he has built is the worst in the league, I think they are wrong and with time and more quality youth added to the mix, we will be stating what a great team we have.

Right now though, TW looks like a pathetic coach with a crap track record and team he has built, so his time is up...

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 09:51:32 PM »

Am I detecting some compassion daniel.....are you just a big softy at heart ? :lol :thumbsup

no not soft at all just not good too see any harm happen because of a stuffin game.

stress causes heart attacks, strokes and the like. Lets hope it doesn't get to that. His family have done no wrong and shouldn't be thrown into this mess

He may be feeling a bit down now but i can guarantee you this time next year, he will be all tanned up getting ready to sail into Lefkada with not one single thought about the RFC.

Now stripes you are KIDDING yourself if you think we are going to thank Wallet in the years to come.

Thank him for a 5 year plan that has resulted in NO FINALS. thank him for the exceptional recruiting of a,b,c,d,e, and Mcmahon.

FFS if there isn't a decision that illustrates what a basket case the RFC club is, then look no further than this pathetic excuse of a football player.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:49:45 PM »
Yeah I know very few people will agree with me but I still believe that we have the core of a good team now that will develop into a premiership team in the future. It will just take time, good development and leadership but I think the base is their despite the state we now find ourselves in.

Sorry, just my opinion

Stripes