Author Topic: Browny given 10 weeks to save his career according to Ch 10  (Read 1152 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ch 10 said Browny has been given 10 weeks to save his career.

Rawlings was interviewed after training today and said each of the 30 year old's cases are different. Jade had a recent chat with Browny and Browny told him he's concerned about his future especially as he can't get out on the park. Ch 10 showed vision of Browny training today along with Silvester.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Browny given 10 weeks to save his career according to Ch 10
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 11:05:11 PM »
Brown under pressure
27/06/2009
Angus Morgan
Sportal

Asked ahead of training at Punt Road on Saturday morning whether Brown was under pressure to prove he still has future at the club, Rawlings said: "I suppose there is."

"I chatted to Browny during the week and no doubt he's getting a bit anxious about where his body's at and the stage of the season and where his career sits."

"He's been very forthright in saying he'll do whatever is required as far as the team dynamics and where he fits in to it."

"I'm sure he'll come back, he's very diligent with his rehab and we'll make a judgement whether it's through the VFL or straight back in the AFL."

"His actions will do the talking about whether he gets a contract moving forward."

Full article at:
http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/brown-under-pressure-73013

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 11:10:47 PM »
I went along to training this morning. Browny left the track pretty early. Cotch trained away from the main group, one on one with Campbell. The squad did some end to end stuff,goal-kicking practice, and Nahas and Hislop did a bit of  wrestling. I know this could be on the training thread, but it started off specifically being about how Brown's training workload is still pretty light ATM.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Nathan Brown fighting for a spot (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 05:40:15 AM »
Nathan Brown fighting for a spot
Jackie Epstein | June 28, 2009

RICHMOND coach Jade Rawlings admits veteran Nathan Brown is under pressure to prove he deserves another contract.

Brown, 31, has missed two matches with groin soreness, but trained at Punt Rd Oval yesterday.

Rawlings said the veteran was working hard to get back in the side.

"There's been a lot made of the 30-year-olds and they're all a different case," he said.

"I chatted to 'Browny' during the week and no doubt he's getting a bit anxious about where his body's at and the stage of the season and where his career sits.

"But he's been very forthright in saying he'll do whatever is required as far as the team dynamics and where he fits into it. I'm sure he'll come back, he's very diligent with his rehab.

"We'll make a judgment whether it's back through the VFL or straight back into the AFL. We'll make a call and his actions will do the talking about whether he gets a contract."

While Brown could play soon, Matthew Richardson is yet to have a return date pencilled in.

Rawlings said "Richo" was ahead of schedule with his hamstring injury.

The caretaker coach has continued his policy of playing the untried, with Jarrod Silvester, 24, to become the club's sixth debutant this season.

"He's been a pleasure to coach over 18 months at VFL level," Rawlings said.

"He just rarely gets beaten."

Rawlings believes the Tigers can match it with the Saints at Etihad Stadium today.

"We've got a healthy respect for St Kilda and how they've gone this year, but we think we've got the right balance as a team to be able to compete well against them," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/afl/story/0,27046,25700492-5016169,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 05:38:12 PM »
A snippet from Sportal on Browny...

"Browny is a chance to play but it will depend on how he trains today and tomorrow," Monaghan said.

"He has been 50/50 for the last two or three weeks so we probably expect him to play but he is not certain at this stage."

"He needs to get a full, complete training session in and then recover from it and be absolutely pain free because he has been a bit limited in the past two to three weeks."

"He has been able to do most things but not everything and when he extends out completely he has been a bit sore so until he completely recovers from that, we can't play him."

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/richo-may-not-return-73180

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 11:04:39 PM »
i think its highly unlikely Brown will be playing next year.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »
i think its highly unlikely Brown will be playing next year.
Certainly not for Richmond anyway

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 02:18:58 PM »
Age & injury has caught up with him in a real hurry. We wuz robbed.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 04:51:18 PM »
Coburg could use some goals out of him at the current.