Author Topic: Richo on the comeback trail (Bigpond)  (Read 555 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo on the comeback trail (Bigpond)
« on: June 29, 2009, 03:57:08 PM »
Richo on the comeback trail
Monday, June 29, 2009 - 11:16 AM
Source: BigPond Sport

Injured Richmond forward Matthew Richardson is on track to return for the Tigers before the end of the season.

"I'm hoping to get back for three or four games, at the end of the year, if everything goes to plan," Richardson told BigPond Sports Weekend.

Richardson hopes his return may see him secure a contract extension, but ever the clubman Richo just wants what's best for the struggling Tigers.

"No decisions on that as yet," was Richo's short reply to questions about his future at the club.

"Obviously I need to get over this injury.

"A lot of things are going to happen. There will be a new coach and he’s going to have his opinions.

"I just want to get fit and then we will all sit down and, whatever the best decision is for the club, then that's what we'll do," confirmed Richardson.

"I've had a good career, so there certainly wouldn't be any bitterness if I was to go out this year, but I still think I've got something to offer, but we will wait and see."

Despite creating some uncertainty for the older members of the Tigers' roster, Richardson believes Terry Wallace's departure was the right decision.

"The amount of pressure that was building week-to-week, after round one, was taking its toll on everyone.

"I think that, at the end of the day, the right decision was made for everyone because the amount of pressure and strain Terry was under was just becoming too much."

http://www.bigpondsport.com/news/tabid/281/newsid/35270/richo-on-the-comeback-trail/default.aspx