Author Topic: Cogs reported for headbutting  (Read 1161 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cogs reported for headbutting
« on: June 27, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »
M.Coughlan reported for misconduct headbutting C.Begley

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=8&pg=1&a=MR_

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cogs reported for headbutting
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:30:36 PM »
Its taken 3 and a half hours for anyone to respond to this thread and one month ago it would have been flooded by people responding they hoped he would be let off, how important Cogs is, he needs luck etc.
I think, unfortunately, that shows us where his career is heading!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 08:36:37 PM »
It is Saturday though GR12 and people have been doing other things.......

Nevertheless I can honestly say I have no real opinion on this other than hope he gets off but won't lose any sleep if he is not.

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 08:41:16 PM »
Spot on Tucky! You and i obviously have social lives that require us to be at home! Im watching Hawks v Eagles and never have i seen an away strip clash so badly with the home teams jumper!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 09:05:06 PM »
Who's he accused of headbutting, Joel bowden or jordy?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 09:15:37 PM »
Spot on Tucky! You and i obviously have social lives that require us to be at home! Im watching Hawks v Eagles and never have i seen an away strip clash so badly with the home teams jumper!

Brown and yellow together remind me of one thing  :chuck

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 09:29:47 PM »

Brown and yellow together remind me of one thing  :chuck
:lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 11:21:50 PM »

Watched the same game and haven't seen a worse display of umpiring in a long time.  Eagles deserved to win by 10 goals.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
M.Coughlan reported for misconduct headbutting C.Begley

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=8&pg=1&a=MR_

Reported eh?

I was at the game didn't see the incident in question and didnt notice Cogs much at all ... ditto all the other senior RFC blokes = MIA
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coughlan cleared of headbutting charge (Age)
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 01:14:44 AM »
Coughlan cleared of headbutting charge
June 30, 2009 - 8:39PM

Richmond midfielder Mark Coughlan is free to try to revive his AFL career after being cleared of headbutting by the VFL tribunal on Tuesday night.

Coughlan was reported on a misconduct charge after he became involved in a scuffle with St Kilda-listed player Colm Begley during a VFL game last Saturday.

But the VFL tribunal found Coughlan not guilty of the charge, which gives him the chance to earn back his place in the Tigers' side.

Coughlan has endured a wretched three years since he suffered a serious knee injury halfway through the 2006 season, as his recovery and subsequent chronic hamstring problems prevented him playing in 2007-08.

He played six AFL games this season and averaged 19 disposals, but was dropped after the defeat to the Western Bulldogs in round 11.

Coughlan won Richmond's 2003 best and fairest award, but the 27-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and faces an uncertain future given the Tigers will be making a fresh start under Terry Wallace's successor as fulltime coach.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/breaking-news-sport/coughlan-cleared-of-headbutting-charge-20090630-d3r0.html