Author Topic: Tigers lining up finals aspirants, says Moore  (Read 1342 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers lining up finals aspirants, says Moore
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 09:22:27 PM »
Looks like the softc0ck performances of the last 20 years have infected the supporter base.

One of our players aims up, knowing full well he and the team are probably going to get flogged and the masses scream that he should bend over and take it quietly. FFS what sort of player do we want to breed. Hungry, tough, competitive types or weak as pee diplomats that we've had since god knows when. If it was Frawley or Bowden saying this then I agree it is trite and meaningless and they should know better but its good that a younger bloke like Kel Moore wants to stick his chest out and battle on.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 09:33:08 PM »
Thing is this is a fallback reaction of a softc()ck team and I have heard it so many times over the years. If they have such balls why are they allways in this position.
Look it is a great attitude and I expect nothing less, but really in the end it is all smoke and mirrors.

I want to go and see my team at least be competitive and give themselves a chance, just such a hollow feeling following the Tigers. :'(

I am sick of dudes that barrack for teams like essendon and carlton saying they like us - I want to be hated.

Offline HD

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 01:30:55 PM »
Thing is this is a fallback reaction of a softc()ck team and I have heard it so many times over the years. If they have such balls why are they allways in this position.
Look it is a great attitude and I expect nothing less, but really in the end it is all smoke and mirrors.

I want to go and see my team at least be competitive and give themselves a chance, just such a hollow feeling following the Tigers. :'(

I am sick of dudes that barrack for teams like essendon and carlton saying they like us - I want to be hated.
I don't know about hated - people hate Collingwood win lose or draw - i want to be feared.

People fear Geelong at their best and respect them for it. Many hate them also but everyone respects them. It's near impossible not to!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 07:42:47 PM »
Looks like the softc0ck performances of the last 20 years have infected the supporter base.

One of our players aims up, knowing full well he and the team are probably going to get flogged and the masses scream that he should bend over and take it quietly. FFS what sort of player do we want to breed. Hungry, tough, competitive types or weak as pee diplomats that we've had since god knows when. If it was Frawley or Bowden saying this then I agree it is trite and meaningless and they should know better but its good that a younger bloke like Kel Moore wants to stick his chest out and battle on.
I have no probs with our players wanting to aim high Jake. Just wish the Club would keep things inhouse rather than discussing all our thoughts through the media. We'd all prefer in the coming years a Tigers side that talked the talk and walked the walk onfield rather than false promises and dawns as had happened too often in the past (round 1 being the last time).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd