Author Topic: Coaching Structure - Will satisfy  (Read 1173 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Coaching Structure - Will satisfy
« on: August 17, 2009, 11:16:41 AM »
Head of Coaching:
Kevin Sheedy

Coaching successor in 2011:
James Hird

Maybe the only way our club will get off the ground.

The club goes to Kevin and puts this to him, he'd take it.
Kevin then goes to James Hird with a copy of Hirds article written to Buckley saying that the Richmond opportunity is huge and anyone who succeeds will be exalted for eternity.

James takes up the offer.

Hird being the champion that he doesn't demand respect, he just has it. Players respond accordingly.

With Hirds success over the years has many friendships with fantastic football brains to help and assist in his vision.

I'm resigned to the fact that an Assistant coach regardless of the calibre will do a marginally better job than a Rawlings and Wallace but it wont be enough for the media and fans

The only road blocks

- Does the club have the nuts to do this?
I would have said no until Benny Gale came along
- Does Sheedy have the ability to swallow his pride and take up the job after being embarrassed?
I would have said probably not until talks about the March reign being close to finishing
- Is the time right for Hird?
It absolutly is, would have no better chance than learning the role under his mentor, properly and not as a player. Hird sees the oppurtunity and I think has the balls to do the job, whether he thinks the time is right who knows.
Go Tigers!

Jackstar is back

Re: Coaching Structure - Will satisfy
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:20:10 AM »
Head of Coaching:
Kevin Sheedy

Coaching successor in 2011:
James Hird

Maybe the only way our club will get off the ground.

The club goes to Kevin and puts this to him, he'd take it.
Kevin then goes to James Hird with a copy of Hirds article written to Buckley saying that the Richmond opportunity is huge and anyone who succeeds will be exalted for eternity.

James takes up the offer.

Hird being the champion that he doesn't demand respect, he just has it. Players respond accordingly.

With Hirds success over the years has many friendships with fantastic football brains to help and assist in his vision.

I'm resigned to the fact that an Assistant coach regardless of the calibre will do a marginally better job than a Rawlings and Wallace but it wont be enough for the media and fans

The only road blocks

- Does the club have the nuts to do this?
I would have said no until Benny Gale came along
- Does Sheedy have the ability to swallow his pride and take up the job after being embarrassed?
I would have said probably not until talks about the March reign being close to finishing
- Is the time right for Hird?
It absolutly is, would have no better chance than learning the role under his mentor, properly and not as a player. Hird sees the oppurtunity and I think has the balls to do the job, whether he thinks the time is right who knows.

Would think this is Richmonds plan to move forward, although people at RFC have there egos get in the way of progressing forward, they have no vision.
Sheedys plan was very similar to this although it mighten have been James Hird ;)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 11:39:32 AM »
gary march stuffed all this up

Jackstar is back

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 11:41:11 AM »
gary march stuffed all this up

you are 100% correct, . You being reading my emails  again ? LOL ;)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 11:45:18 AM »
Well if that's true I'm beyond disappointed.

I'm going to visit Sheeds lol.

I can't see how this was seen as a lesser project than Damien Hardwick.

Something that hasn't been mentioned - Hawks have been junk this year. Hardwick has been there for 5 years. the last 5 years of the Hawks have won a premiership but will have only played finals 2? maybe 3 of those years?
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »
I still don't get the big deal about James Hird as coach
He was one of my favourite players, but he's shown no desire to coach and has no coaching experience
Stop looking for a messiah

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 12:01:43 PM »
He was one of my favourite players, but he's shown no desire to coach and has no coaching experience

i agree stuff Hird.

what happens when we sign him up, we might even jump to 35k of members but walk away empty handed yet again

sheeds and or lethal to assist in that coaching director role. No messiah there just plain old common sense to help out hardwick

we have seen the job at punt road is too big for one man. we need to rebuild and who better than with a Sheeds/hardwick combo

former coach and mates
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 12:13:56 PM »

i agree stuff Hird.

what happens when we sign him up, we might even jump to 35k of members but walk away empty handed yet again

sheeds and or lethal to assist in that coaching director role. No messiah there just plain old common sense to help out hardwick

we have seen the job at punt road is too big for one man. we need to rebuild and who better than with a Sheeds/hardwick combo

former coach and mates

Totally agree.
Appointing a new coach is something that we had done many times in the past for the same result. :banghead
We need to do something completely different.
I am sick of going around in circles , something we have done for the past 25 years. :banghead

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »

Spot on Infamy.

I think that Sheedy-Hardwick would be an acceptable option, but lets face it it won't happen.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 07:25:03 PM »
I could only see Hird coaching Essendon if he ever did. He's a 3rd generation Bomber.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd