Author Topic: Bizzell to the tigers?  (Read 1127 times)

Bulluss

Bizzell to the tigers?
« on: November 02, 2004, 10:51:43 AM »
Financially-strapped Richmond thought it could not afford a big-ticket player.

But the anticipated end of Ty Zantuck's contract with the Tigers and Gaspar's sacrifice has improved the club's spending power.

Melbourne defender Clint Bizzell is among the biggest names the Tigers hope to draft, but the Demons have no fear he would not re-sign.

Bizzell's US holiday will continue for at least another week, with Demons list manager Craig Cameron saying "everything is OK, we just have to wait until Clint gets back".

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11259843%255E20322,00.html

Ox

Re: Bizzell to the tigers?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 11:22:59 AM »
Be a good pick up.

He wasn't a fan 4 years ago so what would change his mind now ?

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 03:04:38 PM »
With the new "16 goals game" attacking plan, this is the player who would be the extra quality defender we are missing and a player who knows how to springboard attacks.
I can't see him going into the PSD, but if he does he would be the best player in it despite his age.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 04:44:54 PM »
Like FF I think he will remain at Melbourne. I also reckon we'll go for a ruckman.

Bizzell turns 29 next year and so he'd only be a short term prospect which doesn't fit in with our rebuilding plans. If he's unhappy with Melbourne's offer then he most likely won't come cheap and/or would want a 3-year deal as security. At 188cm and 88kg he's more in the Bowden mould and not a KP defender so won't solve our spine problems. I'd pass unless the others in the PSD are all duds.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 05:34:15 PM »
No point in us drafting a 28 year old Clint Jizzel.