Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 43779 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2009, 08:52:26 PM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #421 on: October 08, 2009, 09:55:47 PM »
Is anyone playing for the same team next year????????? Voss and Lyon have gone mad and Roos is not much better. Busiest exchange week in many many years. First time the web would let me on today its that busy!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #422 on: October 09, 2009, 12:56:20 AM »
SEN just said we'd get a pick upgrade from 51 (50) to 40 in the Schulz - Farmer deal.

yay

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #423 on: October 09, 2009, 01:06:04 AM »
SEN just said we'd get a pick upgrade from 51 (50) to 40 in the Schulz - Farmer deal.

yay

I should have posted this in this thread, I am not sure why you are "yaying".

So far Geelong has ended up with these picks, 17, 28, 40 and 42  how do they do it..... yeah yeah more to trade but really what have they lost?? Add to that, they actually have pick 17 before our pick 19, pick 28 before our pick 35, pick 40 before our pick 44 and pick 42 before our pick 51.

Geeeezus other than pick 3 they have nailed it, we should have at least tried to upgrade some of those picks, I think we have failed a bit after looking at the pick comparisens!!!

Unless the pick 40 is true.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #424 on: October 09, 2009, 01:30:02 AM »
If it is true we have upgraded a draft pick from 50 odd to 40 in the Schultz/Farmer deal I think we have done well.

I watched Schultz close in the Coburg vs Port Melbourne game and he did not do alot at all. To be fair the entire team was rubbish but the German did bugger all. He has been around a long time and cannot get a game with Richo doing his leg, Polak getting hit by tram and Hughes playing like a donkey in the 3's. time to Jay to bugger off back to South Australia.

Apparently Pattison is gone too.

We have average picks (apart from pick #3) because we did not tank well enough. Once again we have stuffed up. Lets hope Aston Martin becomes Joel Selwood mk2

I agree now we should try to get another top 20 pick somehow. As long as we keep;
 - Deledio, Cotchin, Tambling,
 - Reiwoldt, Rance, Vickery, Post

... and maybe Collins, Foley.

I should have posted this in this thread,

please share your wisdom oh great one

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #425 on: October 09, 2009, 01:38:29 AM »
If it is true we have upgraded a draft pick from 50 odd to 40 in the Schultz/Farmer deal I think we have done well.

I watched Schultz close in the Coburg vs Port Melbourne game and he did not do alot at all. To be fair the entire team was rubbish but the German did bugger all. He has been around a long time and cannot get a game with Richo doing his leg, Polak getting hit by tram and Hughes playing like a donkey in the 3's. time to Jay to bugger off back to South Australia.

Apparently Pattison is gone too.

We have average picks (apart from pick #3) because we did not tank well enough. Once again we have stuffed up. Lets hope Aston Martin becomes Joel Selwood mk2

I agree now we should try to get another top 20 pick somehow. As long as we keep;
 - Deledio, Cotchin, Tambling,
 - Reiwoldt, Rance, Vickery, Post

... and maybe Collins, Foley.

I should have posted this in this thread,

please share your wisdom oh great one

Whats your crap last comment ment to mean???? Even if we end up with pick 40 do you really think we have done better than Geelong?? We finish bottom 2 for the last 2 years and end up with two picks higher than them and they have won 2 out of the last 3 GF's. You don't have to be a wise one to work out who has done better including this lot of drsft picks.

You only need a few brain cells... oh great one!!

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: October 09, 2009, 01:56:52 AM »
Tell you what how quiet have the Crows been...... do they know that trade week is on??

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trade week - day four (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #427 on: October 09, 2009, 04:19:22 AM »
Trade week - day four
Mark Stevens and Jon Ralph From: Herald Sun October 09, 2009

HERALD SUN football writers Mark Stevens, Jon Ralph, Scott Gullan and Jay Clark sum up the club movements during an eventful AFL trade week.

ADELAIDE

Hello, McFly? Anyone there? Need a flag next year, as they seem that confident with their list. Coach Neil Craig says ruckman Jonathon Griffin is the only player who may want a new home.

BRISBANE LIONS

Voss is Atilla the Hun, slashing and burning the southern states. Unfortunately the Fev deal isn't done, as Michael Rischitelli doesn't want to head south. Sydney is lurking with intent. Xavier Clarke has joined for pick 60. Big morning today on the Fev front.

CARLTON

Deal up the air on Fev. Rischitelli reluctant, and the deal may fall over. Can the Blues resuscitate it with Swans or Lions this morning? Sydney looms large but can't do a similar deal involving a key forward. Andrew Walker has definitely been on the table.

COLLINGWOOD

Surprise, surprise, dragging its heels. Rivals say the Pies want the world but will give up nothing. With Darren Jolly signed, Josh Fraser is being shopped around. Nathan Brown is available because they like Ben Reid more. Will Fraser be swapped for Luke Ball at 1.59pm?

ESSENDON

Great day for the Bombers. Got Mark Williams with only a draft pick tango, got rid of Jay Nash, who they don't play. Not a great day for Matthew Lloyd, pushed out yet now replaced from elsewhere. Interested in Roo Jesse Smith, who could be a star if he ever gets on the park. Will keep pick 10.

FREMANTLE

Marcus Drum gone to Geelong for pick 49. Brett Peake has gone to St Kilda. Apart from that, the Dockers may be on holidays in Bali.
No confirmed sightings.

GEELONG

The good guys of trade week as the catalyst for the Burgoyne deal. Shane Mumford goes for Sydney's pick 28 and a massive wad of cash. From sausages to wagyu beef. Definitely overs for the rookie. David Wojcinski probably stays. Docker Marcus Drum signs for pick 49.

HAWTHORN

Got the deal it wanted for Shaun Burgoyne at the expense of pick nine and Mark Williams. Lost Ben McGlynn and Josh Kennedy to Sydney for draft picks 39, 46 and 70. A week of carnage but coming good at right time.

MELBOURNE

Has as much chance of getting Luke Ball as winning next year's flag. Only Mumford-like cash will force a player into the pre-season draft. Had been interested in Andrejs Everitt, but that has cooled.

NORTH MELBOURNE

Has put five years into Jesse Smith. Now he wants out. The Roos should chain him to the place and refuse to trade him. Smith met clubs yesterday. Should get Joel Macdonald deal done.

PORT ADELAIDE

The Gaza Strip is a more appealing destination. No wonder only the Jays - Schulz and Nash - have ended up there. Got picks nine and 16 for Shaun Burgoyne, so happy campers.

RICHMOND

Has confirmed the buzzer is working, but says there is nothing in the gift shop it wants. Schulz is gone, Jordan McMahon may stay, Adam Pattison will go. No takers for Nathan Brown or Shane Tuck.

ST KILDA

Still can't work out a deal for Luke Ball. Former No.5 pick Xavier Clarke goes to Brisbane for pick 60. Still wants a tall. Steven King will go on but for minimum payments, so is Josh Fraser a chance?

SYDNEY

Swans are frustrated they sat on their hands with Fevola. But now they seem a sneaky chance. Shane Mumford has come for pick 28. Last night picked up Josh Kennedy and Ben McGlynn fronm the Hawks.

WEST COAST

Delighted with draft picks seven, 22 and 23. Hard nut Jamie McNamara is up for grabs, but the Eagles seem happy to sit on the trade sidelines.

WESTERN BULLDOGS

No press conference at the Kennel yesterday. Andrejs Everitt keeps bouncing around in every trade, but as of last night was off the table.Their week is close to done. Skipper Brad Johnson inked a deal for 2010 yesterday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/trade-week-day-four/story-e6frf9jf-1225784660883

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #428 on: October 09, 2009, 11:03:50 AM »
SEN rumour that Luke Ball may go to Collingwood and Leon Davis to St Kilda.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #429 on: October 09, 2009, 01:00:54 PM »
Extraordinary rumour being touted by one of our commenters here on this live blog. Ball, Brown & Pavlich reportedly going to Arden Street as part of a six-club deal. I wouldn't think so ...

http://blogs.theage.com.au/realfooty/archives/2009/10/live_blog_trade.html
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #430 on: October 09, 2009, 01:24:47 PM »
Well SEN are saying the rumour is Carlton are making a big play for Pavlich.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #431 on: October 09, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
Well SEN are saying the rumour is Carlton are making a big play for Pavlich.

Well they need something to settle down the ferals after the departure of Fev.  :outtahere