Author Topic: Who do OERites want to win on Saturday?  (Read 5461 times)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
Re: Who do OERites want to win on Saturday?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 01:35:30 PM »
Great result

WOnderful to see the Saints lose, which they did because in the final quarter they seemed content with treying to stop Geelong score rather than trying to win the thing

Absolutely magnificant to see all the players sooking and their supporters howling ...and to those lowlifes that abused Ma Powell a few years ago....... I hope you liked it because you got what you truly deserved 

:clapping :clapping :birthday :birthday :santa ;D :rollin :rollin

agree wholeheartly, once a loser always a loser when it comes to this club, lets face it every comp needs the losers like the Saints
its just a shame their supporters havent clued onto it yet :lol
they may jag one sooner than later but overall their history will
always be littered with hard luck stories...and failure. :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2009, 09:34:40 PM »
You would think Hudghton may retire having missed out on the GF. He isn't even named as an emergency. I wonder if there'll be any backlash from Saints supporters towards Lyon over this if they fail on Saturday.

Richmond should attempt to get a the like of David Armitage or Nathan Djerrkura
No way would either be let go for nothing and I think we've learnt our lesson by now about trading picks away for opposition fringe players.

"Some people fall off and retire because of age, and we'll have a couple of them, maybe, and we'll get some new blood in like Ryan Gamble, or Shane Mumford comes up and plays in their first grand final day.

"It just evolves, and just continues year after year

What I'm looking forward to is getting into the draft this year, and we've got some salary cap problems, so we might have to trade," Thompson said after his team's premiership triumph.

"I'm looking forward to getting the best group of kids we possibly can, and training them up, and putting pressure on guys, and having the best football club in Australia."

There is nothing wrong with getting in players that were highly rated / high draft picks if still young and can add 10 years to Richmond potential wise.

I would look at raiding Geelongs list and trying a talent or two.

I would rather a Nathan Djerrkura type running around for Coburg or on the bench for Richmond than most of the spuds we have at the current.

But Geelong will only let their younger fringe players go if we offer up a good pick and they won't let any of their best youngsters in their 22 go unless they walkout themselves (Prismall last year). The last thing Richmond needs to do is offer up a good pick for a Kane Tenace just because he's on Geelong's list and was a top 10 pick. That's the type of player the Cats will be looking to trade.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 11:52:07 PM »
Nick Riewoldt tore an adductor muscle two days before Grand Final.

The injury would have meant he missed at least two matches during the season, but he still played. 

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/sport/afl/story/0,26633,26254924-5016215,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2009, 11:58:30 PM »
Chapman played 3/4ers of the game with a hammy apparently. Swings and roundabouts. If cry baby wasn't right to play he shouldn't have.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 12:29:03 AM »
Agree if the Aints had won he would have been Captain Courageous. Absolute crap especially when the bloke who wins the Norm Smith was having injections to get his hammy warm on the coldest day of the year. Excuses excuses that's why they have one flag in 113 seasons.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2009, 03:33:40 AM »
Boo hoo.