Author Topic: Trengove or Martin at pick 3 says March (Herald-Sun)  (Read 4355 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Trengove or Martin at pick 3 says March (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2009, 10:19:34 PM »
If those two names are gone, and at #3 we get Scully I do not think March will lose sleep.
Well March won't be able to come out and say afterwards we would've taken Scully even if we had had the No.1 pick  ;)

Scully's a Tiger supporter as well. We should be sending the message we want him just in case in the unlikely situation down the track he wants to fulfill his boyhood dreams playing for Richmond when free agency comes in. That may sound far-fetched but Judd never forgave Hawthorn for saying they preferred Hodge to him before the 2001 draft. That's why he didn't nominate them as one of his 4 preferred clubs despite the Hawks challenging for a flag.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 10:27:38 PM »
If those two names are gone, and at #3 we get Scully I do not think March will lose sleep.
Well March won't be able to come out and say afterwards we would've taken Scully even if we had had the No.1 pick  ;)

Scully's a Tiger supporter as well. We should be sending the message we want him just in case in the unlikely situation down the track he wants to fulfill his boyhood dreams playing for Richmond when free agency comes in. That may sound far-fetched but Judd never forgave Hawthorn for saying they preferred Hodge to him before the 2001 draft. That's why he didn't nominate them as one of his 4 preferred clubs despite the Hawks challenging for a flag.

Why has Scully suddenly fallen out of favour somewhat? What's the prognosis on his knee? What is the likelihood that he will slip to us?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 10:42:15 PM »
Actually wouldn't mind hearing from the coach  :thumbsup

Perhaps next week when they start official training  :pray

After the last 5 years I'm quite happy to hear nothing from our coach for a while!   ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 10:46:03 PM »
Why has Scully suddenly fallen out of favour somewhat? What's the prognosis on his knee? What is the likelihood that he will slip to us?
Scully was measured to have a small handspan but given his skills by hand and foot are very good that doesn't seem to make any difference. He would still be in the top 2.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 10:26:45 AM »
Maybe he said it so Melbourne overlook Scully for 3 . . . in any case it wont make a difference as the Demons will take who they want and we get one of Scully/Trengove/Martin. End of story.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 03:56:05 PM »
Interestingly I spoke to a very avid Melbourne supporter who is in a coterie group, Presidents club etc etc for the club and he assures me that last month when they met the club was thinking Scully one and Butcher two but a lot can happen in a month I guess....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 10:29:59 PM »
Interestingly I spoke to a very avid Melbourne supporter who is in a coterie group, Presidents club etc etc for the club and he assures me that last month when they met the club was thinking Scully one and Butcher two but a lot can happen in a month I guess....
It'll be interesting if the clubs follow net speculation or pull a surprise. You'd reckon Butcher had never kicked a footy in his life the way some are bagging his goalkicking on other sites. With the Dees gaining pick 11 in trade week perhaps now they may think they can get a decent KPP then and go 1 & 2 with Scully and Trengove. In any case we can't control what Melbourne does. We've just got to make sure we're prepared for every possible scenario including Butcher or even Morabito going at 2 and choose the best kid left available at 3.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 04:51:24 AM »
storm teacup

Agreed. Quite hilarious some of the carry on.