Author Topic: Wizard Cup  (Read 1468 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Wizard Cup
« on: November 02, 2004, 05:55:39 PM »
Do you think Wallace will go all out to win it?

It's not like we're going to pace ourselves on a tilt for the flag and as WP has pointed Terry wants to be a winner.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Wizard Cup
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 01:21:41 AM »
Well he might have a go, we could certainly do with the winners cheque :thumbsup
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 01:40:50 AM »
lol RR. No doubt we could use the dough. It would also help with boosting our membership.

I was thinking more along of the lines of installing a winning culture and team confidence from day one. I still believe realistically 2005 will be a write-off when season proper kicks in. From Terry's comments about us not at this stage being able to defend totals below 16 goals he deep down realises this. With all sides usually at different stages of the preparation during the preseason comp and the top sides most likely not being too concerned about winning it, if we are up and about in late February and March we may have a chance of surprising a few better teams that may be underdone. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 08:39:20 AM »
Winning?  What's that?  Sounds like a good idea to me. :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 09:17:17 AM »
The only thing I want from the Wizzee Cup is for us to beat Collingwood in round 1 after that I am not really fussed. The Pies don't play the most attacking brand of footy so Tezza's 16 goal a game plan should get a decent work out :thumbsup

I always look at the Wizzee Cup as a chance to experiment but with a new coach we shoulnd concentrate on playing the type of footy we are going to play in the season proper.

It would also help with boosting our membership.

I was thinking more along of the lines of installing a winning culture and team confidence from day one.

No doubt how we go in the Wizzee Cup will impact on membership in that it will improve further.

However the most importnat thing is it gives the opportunity to build some sort of confidence in the players especially the kids from 2004. I don't think the kids from the 2004 draft (picks 1,4,12,16,60  ;D) are the ones that need their confidence built up. It is the Newman's Rodan's and even the Tivendale's etc that played most of 2004 with little or no confidence at all that need a confidence boost IMO.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)