Author Topic: This Time Of Year  (Read 1402 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
This Time Of Year
« on: November 25, 2009, 01:09:27 AM »
Well here we go again, I love this time of the year just about as much as the season proper... well actually more so lately.... ;) Why you may ask.

This is the exciting part of the year isn't it, we have the draft coming up on Thursday, the recycled players draft and the rookie draft. After that we start the training, all our new players, the young guns, the regular players, new coaches etc...

We all get excited and caught up in it all don't we?? The training reports and pictures from MT, OE, and the rest of the fantastic supporters that journey to the training sessions to report back to us. I love reading the reports on the players and the drills at each session, the coaching staff and how they are going about their business and the development of our team. To all that supply us with that information I personally say thank you, your time and effort is very much appreciated form over here in the West and if you ever head this way please email me and I will endevour to meet up with you for a couple.

Anyway with all the excitement comes the season proper and after all the reports during the training sessions and the way we get around feeling so excited and pumped... are we going to be let down again this year. Probably, but at the moment who cares we know where we are heading and so long as we can enjoy this time of the year then lets bask in it I say... :thumbsup

Just thought I would share my thoughts with you lot, GO TIGERS, no I haven't been drinking either.

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: This Time Of Year
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »
I think being a Richmond supporter at this time of the year follows a similar principal to that of child birth. During the birth (season) it can be an incredibly painful experience yet after a time (pre-season) mum's (supporters) tend to start to forget the pain and just focus on the positive prospect of a new baby (season).

I am a bit more settled and realistic this year than I was last. With the great finish of 2008, the arrival of Benny and all the positive media attention I was swept up in the possibilities of finally achieving success....and we all know how that went. This year the expectations are next to nothing.

I still love the idea we are building to something and training reports, draft picks etc give me hope.

Stripes

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 04:10:42 PM »
Well here we go again, I love this time of the year just about as much as the season proper... well actually more so lately.... ;) Why you may ask.

This is the exciting part of the year isn't it, we have the draft coming up on Thursday, the recycled players draft and the rookie draft. After that we start the training, all our new players, the young guns, the regular players, new coaches etc...

We all get excited and caught up in it all don't we?? The training reports and pictures from MT, OE, and the rest of the fantastic supporters that journey to the training sessions to report back to us. I love reading the reports on the players and the drills at each session, the coaching staff and how they are going about their business and the development of our team. To all that supply us with that information I personally say thank you, your time and effort is very much appreciated form over here in the West and if you ever head this way please email me and I will endevour to meet up with you for a couple.

Anyway with all the excitement comes the season proper and after all the reports during the training sessions and the way we get around feeling so excited and pumped... are we going to be let down again this year. Probably, but at the moment who cares we know where we are heading and so long as we can enjoy this time of the year then lets bask in it I say... :thumbsup

Just thought I would share my thoughts with you lot, GO TIGERS, no I haven't been drinking either.

could've fooled me pal
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 06:43:29 PM »
Its the closest thing we got to soapies Wat, seeing as I don't watch wrestling, this is all the drama I can handle, draft day lol :cheers
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 11:37:07 PM »
I think being a Richmond supporter at this time of the year follows a similar principal to that of child birth. During the birth (season) it can be an incredibly painful experience yet after a time (pre-season) mum's (supporters) tend to start to forget the pain and just focus on the positive prospect of a new baby (season).

I am a bit more settled and realistic this year than I was last. With the great finish of 2008, the arrival of Benny and all the positive media attention I was swept up in the possibilities of finally achieving success....and we all know how that went. This year the expectations are next to nothing.

I still love the idea we are building to something and training reports, draft picks etc give me hope.

Stripes

Great analogy Stripes and dead right, I am looking at this year the same as you.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »
Its the closest thing we got to soapies Wat, seeing as I don't watch wrestling, this is all the drama I can handle, draft day lol :cheers

lol, yeah it's a bit like that Owl.. ;)

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »

could've fooled me pal

Fantastic in depth comments from you again Daniel... :wallywink

"Rucks:

Ox

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 01:26:31 AM »
Daniel would be fooled by an Samoan tranny.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 04:20:01 AM »
Daniel would be fooled by an Samoan tranny.
Tranny? As in the radio? :P

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 06:34:05 AM »
Stick to the topic ppl!