Author Topic: The Great List Evaluation - RICHMOND (allfooty.com)  (Read 1358 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Great List Evaluation - RICHMOND (allfooty.com)
« on: January 02, 2010, 02:14:28 AM »
The Great List Evaluation - RICHMOND
allfooty.com
Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Window
Not close, the premiership window hasn't been around since the early 1980s. According to one former coach there, 2011 was supposed to be their year, but maybe if everything goes according to plan 2015 could be the time to buy a membership and expect some tickets for games in September.

The Succession Plan
Simmonds, he is one of the few older players who was kept around for another year, Graham and Vickery are there for his spot.

Fantasy AFL Ideas
The young players should improve their skills, play more consistently and take on greater roles. Draftee Martin should help fantasy teams in his first season.

Offseason Player Movement
The big broom was used well, and a few more players would have been sent away if their guaranteed contracts weren't there to save them. Nathan G Brown, Mark Coughlan and Kayne Pettifer were delisted, Adam Pattison and JON were also delisted but found new AFL clubs. The Tigers finally agreed on a trade of Schulz to Port Adelaide, while Raines moved to Brisbane. Richardson retired, and while the Tigers added ten new players to the senior list through the drafts and rookie elevations, even if several of those players become stars it won't make up for the loss of Richardson.

Players, listed by importance.

Deledio, Brett
Vickery, Tyrone
Cotchin, Trent
Riewoldt, Jack
Martin, Dustin
Newman, Chris
Rance, Alex
Tambling, Richard
Morton, Mitch
Griffiths, Ben
Moore, Kelvin
Post, Jayden
Astbury, David
Foley, Nathan
Jackson, Daniel
McGuane, Luke
Thursfield, Will
Grimes, Dylan
Nahas, Robin
Graham, Angus
Tuck, Shane
White, Matthew
Cousins, Ben
Edwards, Shane
Collins, Andrew
Browne, Andrew
Connors, Daniel
Farmer, Mitch
Thomson, Adam
Simmonds, Troy
Taylor, Troy
Polo, Dean
Hislop, Tom
Dea, Matthew
Nason, Ben
Webberley, Jeromey
King, Jake
McMahon, Jordan

Rookies, listed by importance.

Polak, Graham
Gourdis, David
Westhoff, Nicholas
Gilligan, Alroy
Hicks, Robert
Contin, Pat
Roberts, Relton
O'Reilly, Jamie

http://www.allfooty.info/2009/12/great-list-evaluation-richmond.html

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: The Great List Evaluation - RICHMOND (allfooty.com)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 11:02:22 AM »
wonder how they determine the importance of a player...Vickery at No 2 ...whats that mean...If we are to be A top 8 contender in 2010, he must suddently flourish to and become the backbone of our side.

would appear a little simple minded to me
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:40:22 AM »
i can understand having vickery at no.2 as he'd be our ruckman of the future but i find it laughble that ben cousins was listed as 23rd.....not even in the 22...my god

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 11:55:10 AM »
White ahead of Cousins??

I know Ben has only a year or two left, but White will never be as important as Cousins.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ox

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
translated-we are the most poxi team -EVER!

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »
wonder how they determine the importance of a player...Vickery at No 2 ...whats that mean...If we are to be A top 8 contender in 2010, he must suddently flourish to and become the backbone of our side.

would appear a little simple minded to me

Yeah the list of importance shows this guy isn't a close Richmond follower.  Astbury who? Griffiths and Martin right up there?  They haven't played a game, they may be total duds.  A bit simplistic is very true.

Ramps

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 07:22:52 PM »
The reality is that it is vitally important that Martin and in particular Griffiths come up as very good AFL players. Griffiths of this years lot is vital for us. If he fires at FF then we have plugged a massive hole. I understand what people are saying but in terms of importance I can see what the author is getting at. We need these players to be good players.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 07:43:22 PM »
I understand what people are saying but in terms of importance I can see what the author is getting at. We need these players to be good players.

As long as the author's objectivity is the same for every list Ramps, otherwise the article is a big bucket of pus. I'll leave it to you to tell us if he has judged every single list on potential alone.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 05:07:01 PM »
I can understand this list in a way if we're talking about importance 5 years from now. The top half a collection of our most talented young mids and the rest mostly KPPs who we need to become our spine for the next decade. That would explain Cuz being so low as he won't be around by them. Mind you barring injury I can see Cuz having more of a chance at surviving past 2010 than Tucky who was lucky to survive past 2009 so not sure why Tucky is at 21 and Cuz 23. With our late-ish picks this year (post pick 44) who are smalls the author seems to have written them off or assumed most late picks don't make it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd