Author Topic: Hardwick won't nominate individuals flying this preseason (Herald-Sun)  (Read 5747 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Hardwick won't nominate individuals flying this preseason (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 10:29:56 PM »
It's definitely the honeymoon period for Hardwick. Interesting to see how patient Tiger supporters will be with him. I guess we'll find out by round 8 lol. Seriously it's in his first year that he needs to make the tough and right decisions to survive long term as he'll have 100% club support initially at least. He's made Next year's draft he'll need to be just as firm with who stays and goes.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2010, 11:42:15 PM »
What's all this talk about judging him after one game?  C'mon we're tiger fans we should give him at least three games

ROTFLOL.

3 whole games is a bit much!  This is richmond, we have standards to maintain.  Give him 2 quarters of footy at most then lets sack him if we're not say 50 pts up.

Though the quarters could be during the pre season competition, or maybe even a practice match :)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 12:31:11 AM »
After the severe hype at the start of last year, I'm kind of pleased with the the "sounds of silence" approach Hardwick is taking. I'm sure that amongst the players and coaching staff things are far from silent during the pre-season. For mine, quiet praise is far more effective than public announcements of adulation.
For me this is very much a wait and see season with no high expectations for the coaching staff or players. All I want to see is improvement in the basic fundamentals of disposal by foot and by hand.

Ox

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 01:01:35 AM »
Let me pre judge DH.

As a coach - NFI - How could he if he's never coached before.
As a bloke - Standby for Spud MK II,except for a few extra words in the vocab.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 11:26:24 PM »
Though the quarters could be during the pre season competition, or maybe even a practice match :)
Well Hardwick couldn't do any worse than Spud whose first quarter in charge was in the 2000 preseason comp and we went scoreless ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd