Author Topic: Can we get MARS as a sponsor  (Read 1196 times)

Ramps

Can we get MARS as a sponsor
« on: January 11, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »
We should try and pinch the 1 million dollar sponsorship deal carlton had lined up with Mars. As a starting point, naming rights to the Punt Rd Oval should be put up as a part of a package. Anyone else agree that we should try and stitch up the boozing blooz.

Re: Can we get MARS as a sponsor
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 09:14:07 PM »
We should try and pinch the 1 million dollar sponsorship deal carlton had lined up with Mars. As a starting point, naming rights to the Punt Rd Oval should be put up as a part of a package. Anyone else agree that we should try and stitch up the boozing blooz.

The MARS Punt Road Oval?

The Punt MARS Oval

The MARS Oval

How about the Punt Road MARS?

We could be the Tigers from MARS or even just the MARS Tigers.

:thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:45:29 PM »

They'd want more than naming rights to a ground that is currently being re-developed and wont be finsihed until July at the earliest. It would seem that the "property" they want is the fron or back of of the jumper which we don't have available

Are you suggesting we shaft our current majors  ???

We have 2 very good deals with Dick Smith (which is owned by one the largest retail groups in the country  ;D) and Luxbet.com

I don't think we really need Mars or more to the point have anything that they want at the moment

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »

They'd want more than naming rights to a ground that is currently being re-developed and wont be finsihed until July at the earliest. It would seem that the "property" they want is the fron or back of of the jumper which we don't have available

Are you suggesting we shaft our current majors  ???

We have 2 very good deals with Dick Smith (which is owned by one the largest retail groups in the country  ;D) and Luxbet.com

I don't think we really need Mars or more to the point have anything that they want at the moment

No not suggesting shafting either Dick Smith or Luxbet, rather suggesting that a package could be put together- naming rights to punt road oval, naming rights to craigieburn oval, a corporate box, signage for mars products around the ovals, maybe doing a 20 20 annual cricket charity event at Punt Rd and call it the Mars Cup.  Theres more to sponsorship than just sticking your name on the front of a jumper.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 10:08:49 PM »
You know who would be a good sponsor...JB HiFi. Right colours, business is booming and their share price is going gangbusters! Obviously would conflict with Dick Smith at present but in the future I'd give them a call

Gigantor

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:13:52 PM »
i'd love to see us have a long term sponsor ,a brand that almost means tigers when its refered to...now that would be a win /win situation for club and sponsor

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 10:20:55 PM »
No not suggesting shafting either Dick Smith or Luxbet, rather suggesting that a package could be put together- naming rights to punt road oval, naming rights to craigieburn oval, a corporate box, signage for mars products around the ovals, maybe doing a 20 20 annual cricket charity event at Punt Rd and call it the Mars Cup.  Theres more to sponsorship than just sticking your name on the front of a jumper.

Absolutely agree that's there is more sponsorship than logos on jumpers

But bottom line is that's what MARS wants and we cannot give it to them
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 11:16:01 PM »

ok

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 02:52:49 AM »

would not hurt to have a chat. Mars have form when it comes to "opportunistic offers" pale blue Carlton jumper and tassie afl team "believe" mars bar are 2 examples inthe past few years.

I'm sure they'd consider a different use for their sponsorship funds of it is delivers some good pr.

At worst, get them in as a match day sponsor, gets us $50k and starts the relationship. Who knows, they might launch a black and yellow m&m one day......
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”