Author Topic: Playing on blindly; Marks + Free Kicks..  (Read 632 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Playing on blindly; Marks + Free Kicks..
« on: May 01, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »
Sorry to bring up a negative after a win.

Something that we have done alot of this year.... Is when been awarding a free kick or taking a mark, not being aware of our surroundings, playing on or handpassing 30 cms to a team mate who has an opponent on his hammer and we immediatly go from being under no pressure with the ball from a mark or a free kick to open play and hot footy.

Anyone else notice this?

Eg: Graham won a free kick out of ball up. Picked himself off the deck and handpassed to a stationary team mate facing towards goal who had an opponent right next to him. Put the ball user under pressure which resulted in a hurried kick forward to a contest and turn over.

It clearly is a team rule to play on as much as possible, keep the ball moving but it creates instant pressure which is such a vital part of success these days, pressuring the ball user etc.

I'd prefer the players to widen their eyes and see all options rather than taking the first. I don't like watching it, am I alone or anyone else seen this?
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Playing on blindly; Marks + Free Kicks..
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »
Not sure if using Graham as an example is the best way to suggest it's not a good idea
Clearly it is the game style we are implementing to stop falling victim to the press/zone gameplans, it's working but just needs more composure which will come with time

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
Re: Playing on blindly; Marks + Free Kicks..
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 03:03:56 PM »
Practice ... practice ... practice.