Author Topic: Richo vs Lloyd: Who was better?  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richo vs Lloyd: Who was better?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 07:30:48 PM »
Lloyd he had better qualities & played his career for the team,  not himself

harsh but true
I take your opinion and wipe my behind with it in defiance.
I think Tigermonk's opinion is full of enough poo as it is

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 09:08:21 PM »
I break this argument into three parts...for first 5 or 6 years...i reckon Richo by a neck...The middle stanza I reckon Llyod drew away and then last 5 years where any measure of a CHAMPION is their ability to stand the test of time and overcome adversity...Richo hands down :shh :bow
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 11:35:49 PM »

harsh but true

l heard your good at putting your hand in your behind  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 11:42:41 PM »

harsh but true
I think Tigermonk's opinion is full of enough poo as it is

:shh

Lloyd kick bags of goals more times than Richo  ;D if Richo ever kicked a bag. maybe a bag of OOTF   :lol
kicked 2 x 100+
played in premierships while Richo collected wooden spoons
Captained his club which Richo did not have the mentality to do instead spat the dummy & berated his own players in front of his fans.
1 more to top it off was Lloyd always performed on the stage & never went to water unless he was taking a dive

that enough poo for you  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 12:06:18 AM »
If Richo played at Essendon they would have had 18 flags right now as good as Lloyd was.

Playing in a wooden spoon side was not his fault TM.
In 04 when we won the sppon Richo kicked bags of 7 and 10 in successive weeks and kicked 65 for the season.
Post 2005 when the Bombers were absent from finals and struggled bar last year and 06 when Lloyd was inj from round 3 I don't think Lloyd got close to kicking 60.

This proves at least one thing to me injury free and a half decent side around him and Richo is at worst on par with Lloydy.

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 12:20:09 AM »
If Richo played at Essendon they would have had 18 flags right now as good as Lloyd was.

Playing in a wooden spoon side was not his fault TM.
In 04 when we won the sppon Richo kicked bags of 7 and 10 in successive weeks and kicked 65 for the season.
Post 2005 when the Bombers were absent from finals and struggled bar last year and 06 when Lloyd was inj from round 3 I don't think Lloyd got close to kicking 60.

This proves at least one thing to me injury free and a half decent side around him and Richo is at worst on par with Lloydy.

Look l can tell you over the span of Richo's career that the leads he gave off that were not honored by his team mates,  that would have been goals would be 1000 easy
my wife felt sorry for him at games saying if he was at the Skunks that he be kicking goals with them leads & he would have them leads honored in another club
We will never know how good he could of been, but will say one thing the Richmond doctors & Terry Wallace destroyed a longer career
& l agree they were both on par. Richo was a champion & one of only a very few LOYAL club players