Author Topic: Keep the faith: Hardwick (RFC site)  (Read 3431 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Keep the faith: Hardwick (RFC site)
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2010, 02:01:04 PM »
Unfortunately we are going to have to put put with being beaten convincingly for a while. What option do we have? At least they are making decisions for the long term. Investing in Youth is the only way forward for us. Unfornately Frawley and Wallace recruited poorly. We are being punished for the sins of the past.

spot on

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
We've got a plan: Hardwick (Age)
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 03:51:42 AM »
We've got a plan: Hardwick
The Age
April 12, 2010

THE magnitude of the task facing first-year Richmond coach Damien Hardwick was clear for all to see during Saturday night's loss to Sydney at the SCG.

The Tigers were outclassed in all areas, taking almost 50 minutes to kick their first goal and ending up on the wrong end of a 16.15 (111) to 7.14 (56) hiding.

So it was somewhat surprising to hear Hardwick even mention the prospect of a drought-breaking Richmond premiership being anywhere on the horizon.

He knows it's a long way away, but he certainly seems up for the fight to return the club to the AFL's elite.

''We've got a plan. We know where we're at and we know where we're going,'' he said when asked if Richmond's troubles were bigger than he anticipated.

''For us it's all about getting that 11th premiership. So next week's game is another learning curve and another step forward.

''We started this process with the end in mind and we're working our way back towards that.''

Richmond's next game is against Melbourne on Sunday. Seen as a probable wooden-spoon showdown, it has taken on a different complexion with the Demons' victory over Adelaide.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/weve-got-a-plan-hardwick-20100411-s0sw.html

TigerTimeII

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 09:04:25 AM »
some journos love to exagerate

we were not outclassed in all areas of the game

we were outclassed in the 1st half only in our inability to put scoreboard pressure on with th eamount of insde 50s

however , in the whole game , we were not outclassed in the clearances and midfield, we actually won that battle

this is just a typical article where one looks at the scorboard and not the game as a whole

looks can be deceiving, we have a plan and we r going ok, just wait til our fwd structure is right

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 09:13:21 AM »
Our forward sturcture will take another 18 mths at the bare minimum.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 12:42:09 PM »
some journos love to exagerate

we were not outclassed in all areas of the game

we were outclassed in the 1st half only in our inability to put scoreboard pressure on with th eamount of insde 50s

however , in the whole game , we were not outclassed in the clearances and midfield, we actually won that battle

this is just a typical article where one looks at the scorboard and not the game as a whole

looks can be deceiving, we have a plan and we r going ok, just wait til our fwd structure is right

i agree with this post.

however ...

you can not allow teams to kick 10 goals to one before half time.

when "The Heat Was On" ... we did not stand up!

Nason and Riewoldt, two players who are in MY twenty-two, if they kicked their set shots at goal, would this match been different?

from the Sydney match i question ...

Trent Cotchin, nine disposals, four kicks?
Brett Deledio, no impact! five kicks?
Mitch Morton, no impact!
Richard Tambling, why doesn't he play in the midfield?
Jayden Post, does he think he is a superstar? Post was very disappointing!
Shane Tuck, why bother with him when CLEARLY Hardwick does not want him in the team? did he actually play?
Alex Rance, play him in defence and give him a chance! he can not kick, so instruct him and players around him to give the handball off!
Matthew White, why haven't you done anything in your career? give him a position! that is all!
Dean Polo, play him on the half-forward! leave him there! pre-season he was training there, now he is back to his old habits!

Deledio, Tambling, Polo - three top twenty draft picks in 2004 and still Richmond are struggling! no impact!

you can look at the stats all you like, but the scoreboard is the main stat.

it is sad and exciting at the same time, that we are waiting for Griffiths and Astbury to play!

Riewoldt and Morton are fine, but i think our forward line structure or match plan is completely wrong!

Richmond still does not understand that if you leave a player in the goalsquare and give him a lot of space to lead out to, that will result in more scoring shots and possibly more goals!

then six goals each in the second half, did Sydney drop their intensity after the match was won?

it is hard to listen, watch Richmond like this, but at the same time have to realise that if YOU (everyone) think that Richmond will finish bottom four or bottom two, WE WILL GET BEATEN LIKE THIS!

however ...

i do not understand how Adelaide can go from missing out on a premilinary final to sitting on top of us without a win?

and ...

Fremantle second on the ladder undefeated?

same players? what is so different now?

why can't Richmond be like that?

is it because Richmond have no good players that are really "Dumb"?

Richmond's development?

have our players forgot how to play football?

can't a basic instruction be implied on the field? or is that to difficult to do?

Hardwick ... no issue yet, but i think our players are "Dumb Footballers"!

i question their passion to play the sport, for their club, supporters and not just playing for a better contract (which Deledio obviously did!)

when "The Heat Is On" you stand up! you do not let teams get an eight goal start!

is it that fu*king hard to kick goals?

is it that hard Jayden Post to take a mark?

is it hard Alex Rance to hit a target?

the Melbourne match is our 2010 Grand Final ... one of many to come!

we should not lose against Melbourne!

if we lose to Melbourne, then our players are the problem and have always been!

i still do not think Wallace was the problem, i think our players are soft!

Melbourne are no good, and if we lose to this team, it will be very dark at Richmond.

players will lose faith and passion!

it is Melbourne! they lost by one point and should of won it to a team still celebrating a great win against a Premiership favourite.

won against a team that is stuggling on field with only eighteen fit players in the end.

i will be absolutely shattered if Richmond does not win!

>:(