Author Topic: Where are our Goals coming from?  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Where are our Goals coming from?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 07:07:09 PM »
Hardwick not convinced Jack's ever going to be a power forward either by the sounds of it.
His best gig is as a lead up HFF.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 07:11:08 PM »
Even if Riewoldt could be a 2nd stringer, we'd be a lot better for it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 02:35:29 AM »
Hardwick's wishlist is hoping the building blocks are mostly already on our list and we just need to bide our time while he puts them altogether and develops them in the next couple of years.

HF:  Taylor    Griffiths     Riewoldt
F:    Morton   Astbury        ?

The ? is where can we find our "Rioli". A small with exquisite skills and pace in the the forward line who is damaging both with and without (defensively) the footy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 03:50:11 AM »
More from Hardwick...

It was only when Hardwick was again asked about the team's problems in attack - its average score so far this year has been 56 - that his frustration was evident, possibly because there is no quick fix to them.

''I'll just go back and [repeat that] the forward line will be the last time to develop,'' he said.

''It's like [the movie] Groundhog Day.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-coach-battles-to-switch-the-focus-to-onfield-matters-20100415-shkq.html

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 07:13:41 AM »
If Griffiths and Astbury develop watch out other clubs. Having Morton and Jack as second stringers would expose most defences. Need a player like Chris Naish up forward.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 08:35:32 AM »
Have people written off Roberts all ready?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 08:42:15 AM »

I have for the majority of this year Al.  I think he will need 1 full season and then a full pre-season, then I think we will get to see what he is really capable of.  And I do think he will make it, just not yet.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 08:53:57 AM »

I have for the majority of this year Al.  I think he will need 1 full season and then a full pre-season, then I think we will get to see what he is really capable of.  And I do think he will make it, just not yet.

Yep needs a more even distribution of weight in his body, ie from his stomach into his upper torso and arms

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 09:02:17 AM »
No doubt he has work to do on his fitness still, which would only be expected given his starting base. He does have the attributes that are needed for a dangerous forward, speed (surprising turn of foot given his 'build') and natural awareness. I get a feeling that the work rate expected of him off the ball is all a bit new to him and due to lack of fitness is effecting his overall game. As a said in another post, watching the other night he often seemed to be only forward running out of the forward 50 to chase the ball carrier/man up/zone. I think he can be the dangerous forward we need, just needs more match fitness.

More from Hardwick...

It was only when Hardwick was again asked about the team's problems in attack - its average score so far this year has been 56 - that his frustration was evident, possibly because there is no quick fix to them.

''I'll just go back and [repeat that] the forward line will be the last time to develop,'' he said.

''It's like [the movie] Groundhog Day.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-coach-battles-to-switch-the-focus-to-onfield-matters-20100415-shkq.html

This shows just how stupid some in the media realy are. The frustration displayed by Hardwich here is more to do with having to answer a question that he has already answered. ""Ill just go back and [repeat that]...  :wallywink
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI