Author Topic: 'IF' we trade Riewoldt what would we get  (Read 2488 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 'IF' we trade Riewoldt what would we get
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 12:35:23 PM »
Depends on what you can get in return. If you could get a Hampson at 22 or 23 years of age, youd have to look at it, our ruck situation is appalling.

hampson....Geez Geez,  ::)

To put jacks career so far in perspective he has done more, and  shown more than all the key position players in his draft, some taken before and many taken after him.

Pick 2 Gumbleton
Pick 3 Hansen
Pick 6 Thorpe ( delisted )
Pick 8 Reid
Pick 10 N J Brown
Pick 12 Frawley
Pick 13 Riewoldt
Pick 14 Sellar
Pick 16 Mitch Brown
Pick 17 Hampson

The only one that has shown more given his break out season last year is Kurt Tippet. Now Tippett has had a shocking start to the year. If the draft was redone tommorrow young Jack would be taken in the first two of all his peers, yet we the tiger ferals are talking about trading him . He is 21 yrs old and is outperforming his peers.

No doubt I would love him to kick straighter in his sets shots, but he is an immense talent
If he was to be traded fair value would be a top 5 draft pick or a player like Travis Boak or Daniel Rich, definetely not a plodder like Hampson

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »
Expected to play #1 tall forward at 21 - 3-5 years from now  :pray when we get a couple of tall KPP up forward will be and excellent 2nd 3rd option up forward.
And Morton as the 3rd 4th option instaed of the 2nd.

Tell you what though loved Astbury's goal from the 50 on the boundry Punt rd end.
Awesome kick, great composure. Slotted it like a veteran  :clapping

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 12:50:36 PM »
Ripped off

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
How about we trade Martin as well, he's shown a little in 4 games but he's not getting 40 touches a match for us which isn't good enough.  ::)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »
The only one that has shown more given his break out season last year is Kurt Tippet. Now Tippett has had a shocking start to the year.
He's an absolute certainty to go to GC17 anyway, so even if we did take Tippet over Riewoldt we'd be losing him for an unknown value draft pick.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 02:53:12 PM »
The only one that has shown more given his break out season last year is Kurt Tippet. Now Tippett has had a shocking start to the year.
He's an absolute certainty to go to GC17 anyway, so even if we did take Tippet over Riewoldt we'd be losing him for an unknown value draft pick.

Didn't Tippet already reject GC17's advances and sign a long term deal with the Crows?  ???
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 02:58:07 PM »
Depends on what you can get in return. If you could get a Hampson at 22 or 23 years of age, youd have to look at it, our ruck situation is appalling.

Not in this case Ramps - we would be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Totally agree.  Pointless trading him, you wouldn't get anything any better.  He is a good (not a great) KPP with potential for improvement.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »

Didn't Tippet already reject GC17's advances and sign a long term deal with the Crows?  ???

You know what I think Adelaide is doing.

They're tanking, and they've promised Tippett that they'll trade him to GC17 this year so he agreed to a contract. That way the Crows won't get screwed over with a dud compensation pick. They'll ask for a top ten pick for him.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »

Sorry, you are right, completely missed that one. I thought I'd seen him listed as a target for GC17 only just recently. Signed a new 3 year deal last year.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »
could we think about trading him for Buddy maby? the hawks are getting frustrated with him and richmond could wip him into shape ? its a thought  :rollin or maby Aka ?? barry hall seems to be taking the lime light in his club and i think his contract runs out next year i think :S... I like Jack but he just need to learn how to kick when it counts