Author Topic: coming of age  (Read 771 times)

TigerTimeII

coming of age
« on: May 17, 2010, 12:34:01 PM »
this game v the hawks will one day be seen as the game that many players found themselves and came of age

sure we lost on the scoreboard but we won the battle and won belief and respect

CHRIS NEWMAN  came of age as a captain, this is the that convinced me he is the man for the job, we have not had a captain play for the jumper like that since tony free and the flea.  he lead from the front, was hard tough and inspirational. true captains game and its very obvious now he is playing for the jumper , our club/team means alot too me.

TRENT COTCHIN AT THE AGE OF 20 is now elite. his fitness is up and look out competition from here on in.

FOLEY, I admit i forgot what a fit Foiley meant for us

MARTIN , HIS BRUTE strength the break tackles is very michael VOSSish. He belongs

GUS, this game shows he can be our number 1 ruck, just need this every week.

THURSFEILD is now playing with belief and no longer just spoiling but also attacking the ball and taking marks

DELEDIO is our quarter back, and he has rediscovered his ability to run and break the lines

JACKSON, i bag him alot but we need his toughness and he proved that campbell brown is all bark no bite, he showed broen is just a backyard bully

WHITE, his passion to keep going for his team mates and the jumper won me over, taking on campbelll brown late in the game after he polaxed our players and kicking that great goal on him was special

TAMBLING  no longer fears getting hurt

Nason and Edwards will be dynamite link men and runners

WEBBERLEY in his 2 games has proven he belongs .

Jack RIEWOLDT  played his best game for us today, did the spectacular and also did the 1%ers, some of his marks and goals were very j.brown like.

we are just one ruckmen(still have hope in vickery ) one key defender and one key forward short of being a real competive and real dangerous team

as i have said all along this yr, ladder and scores means nothing  this yr, its all about development

we have not played this hard since northey coached us

Hardwiick has a plan and he will lead us ! the time will come mark my words

Tigermonk

Re: coming of age
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 01:07:35 PM »
Good Post X  :thumbsup

that was a very strong hawks side & all the players done thier bit
it cost me some big dollars but was only 3 points off  ;D Hardwick is starting to sort the players out

TigerTimeII

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 01:10:30 PM »
normally when we get hit that hard by a team we drop our heads and fold, but we fought on , fought brave and imo we out toughed them

we lost on the scoreboard and in our pockets but we won the battle

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
normally when we get hit that hard by a team we drop our heads and fold, but we fought on , fought brave and imo we out toughed them

we lost on the scoreboard and in our pockets but we won the battle

We beat them up & we got sucked in by thier experience at certain moments  ;D

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 01:20:21 PM »
Do you remember a couple of seasons ago when Cleve Hughes came of age?  It was in Adelaide and people were comparing him to Royce Hart.

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 01:31:02 PM »
Do you remember a couple of seasons ago when Cleve Hughes came of age?  It was in Adelaide and people were comparing him to Royce Hart.

;D :shh

TigerTimeII

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »

he came of age b4 that . v the WCE at the G

but unfortunately cleve was not well  in the mind and has his own battles to  beat

poor example

im not talking about one single player alone, but the team and its game plan as a whole

we in th epast would have given up yesterday, we fought it out and bar a stupid kick across goal fron mguane and some bs umpiring the game was ours