Author Topic: Twist could send Zantuck into draft  (Read 6425 times)

Ox

Re: Twist could send Zantuck into draft
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2004, 05:49:27 PM »
exactly TS.

:thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2004, 04:01:12 AM »
Ty appears to be one of these footballers who would add that something extra to a top side where as TS mentioned he would automatically receive guidance and direction from coaches and teammates but get easily frustrated and display a poor attitude in a poor one. He wouldn't last two seconds bad-mouthing say a Hird. I've mentioned before he reminds me of a Paul Banard. Also reminds me of ex-Tiger Peter Wilson from the late-80s in that way.

If a player wants to go then let him go which is what the Club has been trying to organise but to no avail. Not surprisingly no other club is stupid enough to offer him $250K when Caracella and possibly Notting will be in the same draft asking for similar money. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ty in limbo
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2004, 03:36:13 AM »
Ty in limbo
14 November 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun
SCOT PALMER

RICHMOND remains anxious for defender Ty Zantuck to find a new AFL home as the breach between club and player shows no sign of heeling.

The Tigers will meet Zantuck and his management this week to explore the remaining pathways available to him.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said: "We don't think it's a fait accompli that he comes back to training -- we want to know more about what's happening in the marketplace."

Richmond's football division feels that with the number of available players of quality diminishing each day there might still be an opportunity for Zantuck to find a new home.

"There's always guys going in and out, it happens every year. You think there is going to be plenty in the draft, but then players sign up with their clubs," Miller said.

Zantuck's position at Punt Rd has become more delicate since interest at the Kangaroos and Essendon waned.

He is still contracted to the Tigers and his fee is a further obstacle to him moving to a new AFL club.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,11378085%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2004, 05:34:56 AM »
Looks like we're going to be stuck with Ty no matter how weak the PSD is. I can't see any club agreeing to pay the money he is getting even if we chip in a small fraction of it. We would need to fork out a large portion of it for hi the play elsewhere which defeats the purpose of saving $$$.

teflon69

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2004, 01:53:33 PM »
i heard he will be back at punt road on monday fr training  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Zantuck to stay away from training for another 2 weeks
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2004, 02:10:22 AM »
Cooling-off period for Zantuck, Tigers
By Lyall Johnson
realfooty.theage.com.au
November 16, 2004

Richmond has told disgruntled defender Ty Zantuck not to turn up at pre-season training for the next two weeks to give him further time to negotiate a deal with another club.

Through his management Zantuck had indicated that he was planning to attend his first full pre-season hitout yesterday, but Richmond director of football Greg Miller and Zantuck's manager Anthony McConville decided at the weekend it would be in the best interests of both parties if Zantuck had more time to explore all opportunities.

"Greg Miller had further discussions with his management over the last 24 hours and determined to leave it where it is for the next two weeks and his management can continue down the path of looking for other options . . . at which time we'll see where it sits," Richmond coach Terry Wallace said yesterday.

"We've determined now that in two weeks' time, if nothing else comes, we'll sit down over the table and see where it goes from them there. From what (Zantuck's) said to me so far, he has given every indication that he didn't want to be around (Richmond), so there would need to obviously be some change to that if there is going to be any chance."

Wallace described the club's relationship with Zantuck as "fractured, not broken". "Broken in the fact he's made some comments that would make it very difficult for him to return, but, saying that, that's not the be-all and end-all . . . there has been things said in relationships and footy clubs before that have been turned around, so I don't think you just say it is dead in the water."

Wallace would not be drawn on the feeling around the club of the possibility of Zantuck returning, but said "probably disappointed would be the call".

McConville said the decision for Zantuck not to take part in pre-season training was mutual and that he was continuing talks with a number of Melbourne clubs, although a potential deal was still a long way off.

Zantuck, who earns about $260,000 a season through a base payment, match payments and a job, has indicated he doesn't want to leave Victoria.

Richmond's 2004 club champion Joel Bowden said the mood among players about Zantuck's possible return was hard to define because until yesterday, most of them had simply assumed he would be leaving.

"But I'm not concerned whether Ty turns up or not, I think we have all moved on from worrying about it."

Richmond recruit Troy Simmonds was a massive presence at training for the Tigers yesterday, his bulk impressing his new coach. "People lose track of blokes that are over in the West, just how they play and what they do because they're not in the paper all the time. He's 102 kilos and not an ounce of fat on him," Wallace said.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/11/15/1100384496305.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2004, 09:45:09 PM »
Terry said he hasn't sat down with Ty to talk about things. Said he hasn't spoken to Ty since Ty said he was looking for opportunites elsewhere.

We better hurry up as the cut is Oct 31st isn't it?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2004, 11:53:18 PM »
I'm feed up with this guy and I don't want him playing in the twos either because that will place him right in amongst our kids, which is exactly where we dont want him to be. I'd be happy just to cut our losses pay him his 190k and kick him as far down punt rd as possible. Asta la vista baby :thumbsup
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2004, 02:19:30 AM »
Our only hope now is the shallowness of the PSD. Now that Sheeds is back maybe the Bombers might make another play for him as Caracella will be gone by the time of their pick and Ty is surely a better option than Blumfield. They were obviously willing to pay his current salary for a year with 2 minutes to go in the trade week provided they got him basically for nothing.

froars

Wish i knew what this article was on about
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2004, 08:33:26 AM »
In the first of a new series, our resident medic trains his stethoscope on Punt Road.

If you are a Tiger, you would be feeling quite toothless right now - 25 years of failure, made of five consecutive five-year plans that have produced three wooden spoons. If I was a vet, I'd call for the tranquilliser; not for the tiger but for you.

Still, as a doctor, I feel well-qualified to fix it, so the AFL's champion of broken promises can leap 15 rungs and win the 2005 AFL premiership. How? By not changing a thing.

I consider 2004 a season full of interesting portents from the league's anorexic heavyweight. Four wins were scavenged from a possible 22. More ominous are the VFL/AFL records that show the Yellow and Black have not beaten 2005 premier Port Adelaide since 1998 or, for that matter, some club called University since 1914.

But this is where the bad news stops. On the field, Ty Zantuck, a backman who walks as though carrying invisible suitcases, has a public breakdown. It is, as we say in psychiatry, "positive anger". He can take no more and slams Hawk Mark Williams' rag-doll head into the MCG mud over and over again.

Then he pleads to leave Richmond. He's sick of the senior players. The club says yes, but counters he's a disruptive influence. So what senior players are the club protecting?

advertisement

advertisement

Surely it's not Darren Gaspar, the $600,000 defender whose house is hermetically sealed because he's allergic to dust. It might be Wayne Campbell, the only AFL footballer in history to do a career-threatening injury celebrating someone else's goal. It's not David Rodan, aka the Human Vacuum Cleaner, because he's too young to be old, and everyone loves young Krakouer, despite the fact the kid hardly touches the footy.

Most probably, Zantuck is sick of Richo, the big No. 12 who runs as though remote-controlled by a giddy four-year-old girl in pig tails.

At the end of season 2004, a fellow called Plough replaced another called Spud to mastermind a five-year plan, presumably one with a rural theme. Lying on the couch in my 24-hour psychotherapy surgery, Plough revealed his new forward strategy. Campbell will play forward-pocket and kick 25 goals, or, in Tiger leadership speak, be injured 25 times.

Nathan Brown will be in the other pocket to kick 40 or so. Richo will patrol the centre half-forward line for Iraqi terrorists and bees.

How did that make you feel, Plough? I asked. Plough said he held a man-to-man conference with Richo. He took the superstar through the strategy on the club whiteboard but warned him not to go too far the other way and stray into the back line, especially near Zantuck.

"There will be an invisible electric fence five metres beyond the centre half-forward line," he said. "If you cross it, you will be zapped!"

Richo startled and got up to leave. He missed the door, had another go, missed it, had another go, missed it. "Go straight at the door!" Plough said. He had another go, missed it, then finally walked straight through the middle.

But, as Plough confessed, if Richo swallows the invisible electric fence thing, he may be too scared to move at all.

The Tiger Army are on the march. The only way is up. Football is played in the mind and that loon Zantuck and his baggage are not gone yet. He is the future and should be captain.

I'm not a vet. I can't physically help a sick tiger. But in this case, I don't need to. At Tigerland, it ain't broke, so for goodness sake, don't fixx it.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/11/26/1101219746191.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2004, 02:50:34 AM »
Forgot to mention yesterday morning on SEN that Patrick Smith said today (Tuesday)  is D-day for for sorting out what we're doing with Ty. We will be sitting down with his manager to hammer out some sort of deal. According to Smith we will need to move Ty on somehow otherwise we won't be participating in the PSD.

This fits in with what I've been told about us wanting to move Cambo from the Vet's list back onto the senior list of 38 before Christmas.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Zantuck's future to be known by the end of the week
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2004, 01:43:55 PM »
12:57:27 PM Tue 30 November, 2004
Paul Gough
Sportal

Meanwhile the Tigers will tomorrow meet with disgruntled defender Ty Zantuck in a bid to sort out his future.

Zantuck, who has a year of his contract still to run, wants to leave Punt Road but was left stranded at Richmond when a proposed trade deal with Essendon was only minutes away from being completed before the end of the October trade period.

With all clubs having to finalise their playing lists by Friday - ahead of the December 14 pre-season draft - Miller said Zantuck's future would be known by the end of the week.

If the Tigers and Zantuck are able to come to an agreement over the remaining year of his contract and he is delisted, the 22-year-old would be free to nominate for the pre-season draft where the Bombers will be one of only a handful of clubs likely to participate.

At this stage the Bombers are likely to have pick five in the pre-season draft but with Richmond having pick one and Collingwood expected to take former Essendon and Brisbane premiership star Blake Caracella at pick two, Zantuck is likely to be available for the Bombers unless either Carlton (pick three) or Fremantle (pick four) decide to snap him up.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=179203