Author Topic: AFL site's live chat & review of Richmond's season @ 1pm  (Read 578 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL site's live chat & review of Richmond's season @ 1pm
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:47:13 AM »
Title: Richmond season review

Date: Tuesday August 31, 2010
Time: 1:00PM AEST

http://www.afl.com.au/hidden/offseason/richmond/richmondoffseasonlivechat/tabid/15029/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: AFL site's live chat & review of Richmond's season @ 1pm
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 05:43:57 PM »
Mic Cullen did the replies.....

Richmond had a pretty good year, given the start. Should have beaten your blokes in round eight. Dustin can't win the rising star due to his tribunal record.

Q. Pick 4 for Foley?
A. West Coast might, but I'm sure Richmond wouldn't.

Q. foley for masten?
A. No way Richmond would be interested in that.

Q. Trade Tambling for Knights?
A. Can't see Adelaide going for that. Tigers are much more likely to keep building through the draft than to trade madly.

Q. Could the Tigers trade No6 and Tambling for Travis Varcoe?
A. Well, that's out of left field! Can't see Trav wanting to move, myself.

I think what the Tigers need is time. ie more games, as you identified.

I think it's unlikely that Cuzzy will be given a formal role - he's talked a few times about pursuing business interests. But he loves the club, so expect to see him around the place, maybe in a mentoring role.

I doubt that Tambling is heading into defence. I liked our back six this year, but would also like to see Gourdis there more, I think he's terrific.

It was a breakthrough year for Jack - he really stood up, and not just with his goals, but also his leadership and maturity.

Really impressed with Ben Nason this year, he was solid all season. Clearly got tired towards the end of the season, but that happens to players with just one preseason at AFL level.

Rance got interest last year, I believe it was from the Hawks (makes sense) so maybe if he's asked about this year. Also talk that McGuane and Thursfield are possible Gold Coast targets, but there''s about 800 AFL players who have had that said about them.

Griffiths is a huge chance to be the CHF in the future. Looked good in his few games this year until injured (shoulders).

Q. Jordie McMahoon won the club a match last year but couldn't get a game this year. Surely he deserves another year?
A. I guess it depends on your definition of "won". He kicked the last goal, but still only worth six points, just as the first goal is. Will be delisted.

Lids has been awesome across halfback - look for him to fight out the Jack Dyer with Newey tomorrow night. Cotch was terrific as well, getting a real preseason into him is the current priority

Q. too many mids ? foley, cotchin, martin, white, tuck, delidio could go back there if we can replace him in the backline, edwards. what do you thing ?
A. It's pretty hard to have too many mids these days, and Lids is looking terrific across halfback. All the others have well earned their spots this year.

Q. Do you think Hislop and Thomson has a chance to do something similar next year or will they be delisted?
A. I think they're more likely to be delisted, although apparently the coaching staff like Tommy's gung-ho attitude, so he may get another year.

Chris, the Tigers are nowhere near a flag, so expect the drafting to be the key. Francis Jackson is doing a terrific job there.

Q. do you think tambling and polo would be a good trade to other clubs?
A. Would be good if the Tigers could get something for them, but it's unlikely, especially for Polo

Mitch Morton did, and isn't it working well? He asked Dimma if they could try it midseason.

Q. Offer Deledio for Hurley??
A. Trade Lids? Turn it up.

Dimma likes having his best kicks behind the ball, and Lids had plenty of inside-50s anyway from HB.

I think in the draft the Tigers will just look to get the best players available. Another ruckman would be nice, though...

Relton Roberts has gone home to the NT and will be delisted.

Will Thursfield had a strange year - as you say, injury meant he struggled to string games together, and then the coaches wanted to look at others in the backline, like Gourdis, etc. Maybe will could go forward, he's very disappointed that he;s still to kick an AFL goal... Will is thereabouts, but must be looking over his shoulder at players like Gourdis, etc.

I talked to Polly at the game on the weekend, he's very happy with his decision to retiire.

Q. Who can help Riewoldt as a smaller/medium forward that can kick goals. I think Knights would be perfect. Is there anyone else who can fill this role thats worth trading for?
A. Collins has been good there, and witrh Griffiths down there next year it could get interesting. King has been really good in the last month or so.

Q. Mic, do you think we more outside midfielders? We've got martin, cotch, tuck etc
A. It's unusual, isn't it? Most teams want more grunt. Lids, Newey and Conors have all given some of that run this year.  

Q. Will Richmond keep the rd 1 clash with Carlton
A. They hope so, even though reults haven't been that good recently.

The Tigers are exepcting Troy Taylor to stay at this stage, I believe. I hope so. Worth another look, I reckon, now his unsettled year is gone.

Q. Where on the ladder in 2011 do you think is 'par' for Richmond?
A. Next year, probably 11-13 woiuld be good, I reckon.

Dees probably a year or two ahead of Richmond, I reckon, been rebuilding longer. Got some terrific players.

Andy Collins and Webbers were both excellent in 2010, agreed.

September? - Not next two years, I reckon.

Graham? - Needs time, still a young big bloke.

Q. do you know if richmond are looking at laycock heard a couple of rumours?
A. Not heard that one, don't like it much, he's way too injury-prone.

Q. Martin next captain?
A. Always hard to tell after a year, but he certianly leads by example. Newey will be there for a while, though, he's doing a great job.

Both McGuane and Nahas possible trades, but who knows? It's going to be a weird trade period given the draft this year.

Q. Robbie hicks looked good. Can he get elevated?
A. Yep, fair chance I reckon. VERY VERY fast. (Also VERY VERY small :-)

Q. Should Matthew White be in the team next year? Has improved, but you would think that we would recruit heavily again this year, think there will be pressure on his spot?
A. Absolutely, he's had a terrific year. May well be top-10 in the B&F tomorrow night.

Q. Jayden Post has been switched around a bit this season, do you think he is a permanent forward or defender?
A. I like him forward - love his hands.

Q. i think nahas has been playing for his career..and in his attempts to stand out has made many errors...surely he's good enough to be in our best 22?
A. At his best, he is, but haven't seen enough of that this year. Not working hard enough when we don't have it.

Q. Why do you think ben nason didn't get a nab rising star nominee?
A. Astbury as well. Can only have 22 a year :-)

Q. Moore is a good prospect. But surely there is only room for 1 or 2 more bigger backs. Who gets the nod out of Thursfield, Mcguane, Gourdis and Astbury?
A. I think next year will tell us that. (Not dodging, we just need to see more of them.)

Q. Moore, Thursfield, McGuane, we can't keep all three, who would be smartest to trade in terms of value or future planning?
A. Moore clearly the front-runner there.

Q. who do you reckon will win the B&F this year?
A. Lids or Newey, I reckon.

Q. WIll Gilligan get delisted?
A. Most likely, doesn't get enough of it, and is very small.

Tigers are very happy with how Dylan Grimes has been developing, thus the rd 22 game.

Mitch Morton has been very good since taking on a midfield role, no trades there.

Q. what type of role will jamie orielly be playing next year, because i thought he was terrific for someone who hasnt played afl all of his life?
A. Another running halfback type. He's amazing givven he's played for a year! Makes great decisions, loves tackling.

Shane Tuck is hard at it and gets it a lot, so room for all types. Much better disposal this year by Tucky.  

http://www.afl.com.au/hidden/offseason/richmond/richmondoffseasonlivechat/tabid/15029/default.aspx