Author Topic: Passion of the Geez.  (Read 4636 times)

Ox

Passion of the Geez.
« on: December 30, 2004, 06:14:19 PM »
Watched it on DVD Xmas day and was just LMAO!

All the stories they tried to make me believe as a kid at ST Peters catholic school put on hi vision film.

LMAO.

I didn't think it was that violent either.

Mel added few things for effect but overall i thought JC was portrayed as a gutless wonder who was mentally ill
and chose his friends un-wisely - they all dogged him when it counted.

Fair enuff though,If some wierdo came into my congregation and started saying he was the son of God yadda,yadda
and he would demolish my temple and rebuild it in 3 days I too would be very cynical if no infuriated.

It was like a cross between braveheart and mad max except with togas and  chariots.

I respect the notion of a higher power but am angered at controlled religion and it's role in terrorising humanity for ultimate financial gain.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Passion of the Geez.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 06:24:23 PM »
Got it as a present on DVD at Christmas and I slapped it on but I just couldnt bring myself to watch it. I saw that tacky scene at the start with the snake and then it crystallised in my mind that I am about to get fed religious values by Mel Gibson.  I quickly turned it off.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO@watching the visual interpretation of a sacred text by the main star of Lethal Weapon and trying to take it seriously. How can you?

Ox

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 07:27:52 PM »
Interpretation is the key word.

froars

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 09:46:34 PM »
It was violent from the beginning of the film to the end lol.  Absolutely horrible movie.  Only movie i've watched with my eyes closed and my hands over my ears from the beginning to the end lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 02:38:09 PM »
It was violent from the beginning of the film to the end lol.  Absolutely horrible movie.  Only movie i've watched with my eyes closed and my hands over my ears from the beginning to the end lol
Moi, I thought you might have been desensitised to violent capitulation after supporting the tigers for a while.  I can recall a couple of tiger thrashings that had the same affect on me.  :scream
All we are waiting for now is a ressurection.
Go tigers in 05

froars

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 04:00:57 PM »
Moi, I thought you might have been desensitised to violent capitulation after supporting the tigers for a while.  I can recall a couple of tiger thrashings that had the same affect on me. 

Trying to forget all that :-)
I've forgotten what the Passion of the Toigs is all about too.  Been a long time in between parties  :(

Ox

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 05:04:44 PM »
LMOAAAOOOOOO  Froarsy

We need to start a site called

"The Passion Of The Tiges"

froars

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 06:15:11 PM »
We need to start a site called

"The Passion Of The Tiges"

With a special section devoted to the "Anti-Tige" lol  :rollin