Author Topic: Chris Scott to coach geelong  (Read 1483 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Chris Scott to coach geelong
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 12:18:33 PM »
Our process seemed to take forever, while Essendon, Port Adelaide and Geelong all grabbed coaches fairly quickly by comparison and Essendon actually wasted other applicants time because Hirdy was always going to coach.

Was our 'process' a bit over the top, or did the other 3 teams rush things?

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »
I think the coaches were all appointed around the same time, we just had more time up our sleeve as we gave Wallace the knife mid-season
There was never any reason to appoint a coach earlier than we did, especially as many of the candidates were still involved in coaching their current side at the time we were conducting interviews.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 06:02:56 PM »
Three?  I thought he went for the bombers too.  Could be mistaken.
He was mentioned by the media and bookies as a potential coach but I'm not sure he actually applied for the Bombers job.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 06:11:58 PM »
I don't think it is such a bad move.

Clearly the Geelong board have been stung by events since and including the PF loss, and don't think merely a steadying influence from someone (recently departed in the case of Hinkley) within the club system is the answer. The Scott boys seem pretty confident and ruthless by nature and Brad's start at the Kangas has been encouraging for them.

That said, if you were Ken Hinkley, you would be wondering if you could ever get a gig.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 06:17:12 PM »
Our process seemed to take forever, while Essendon, Port Adelaide and Geelong all grabbed coaches fairly quickly by comparison and Essendon actually wasted other applicants time because Hirdy was always going to coach.

Was our 'process' a bit over the top, or did the other 3 teams rush things?
In our case we'll find out in say 3 years time whether the 'process' was worth the time or not.

Essendon had one candidate so that's why theirs was quick lol. Both them and Port went for favourite sons. I don't think there were as many assistant coaches out there this year that were headhunted. We started with 13 candidates in our 'process' including Brad Scott who went to North and Alan Richardson who this time around seemed to suffer from being associated with Essendon's shocker of a year. This year take out Laidley and Williams and the only 'newbies' seen in the running for a senior job were probably Chris Scott, Ken Hinkley, Brenton Sanderson and maybe Mark Neeld.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 10:05:40 PM »
good move by the cats, time for fresh
game plan and ideas..the thompson era is done.
 :thumbsup

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 08:38:56 AM »
but I want them to fail!  The cats been kicking the poo out of us since the eighties ffs.  I am well and truly ready for some pay back, preferably before I die.
Lots of people name their swords......