Author Topic: Blast from the Past - Gerry Gee the RFC Barracker  (Read 2216 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Blast from the Past - Gerry Gee the RFC Barracker
« on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »
I have no idea where this should go but I saw this just now on twitter from Melbourne Museum. Something that the older OERites may remember from the 1960s.

Doll - Sterne Doll Company, Richmond Football Club Barracker, Gerry Gee Special, Boxed, 1960s

Summary:
    Boxed Richmond Football Club Barracker Gerry Gee Special (Glass Moving Eyes) Ventriloquist Doll.

This ventriloquist doll was produced in Melbourne by the Sterne Doll Company as part of a range of toys based on the TV ventriloquist doll Gerry Gee, star of Channel 9's `The Tarax Show'. They brought out Gerry dolls dressed in supporter outfits for all of the VFL teams.

Description:
    Painted plaster doll with moving (weighted) glass eyes and movable mouth mechanism. Has a light brown mohair wig, and is dress in a knitted black with yellow diagonal strip football jersey, with two white plastic buttons, black cotton pants, white cotton socks and black moulded shoes. The doll is contained in a long rectangular cardboard box with fitted lid, both of which has paper labels, with photographs, describing the doll.

Discipline:    History

Primary Classification:    GAMES & TOYS
Secondary Classification:    Puppets
Tertiary Classification:    ventriloquist
Inscriptions:    Printed on front of box: GERRY GEE/ Special/ CHANNEL GTV9
Manufacturer:    Sterne Doll Company, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1962-1966
Person Depicted:    Gerry Gee, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1962-1966

http://museumvictoria.com.au/collections/items/833480/doll-sterne-doll-company-richmond-football-club-barracker-gerry-gee-special-boxed-1960s

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Blast from the Past - Gerry Gee the RFC Barracker
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »
Craig Lambert?

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: Blast from the Past - Gerry Gee the RFC Barracker
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »
fantastic I love hìm   the perfect footy player  coach sticks his hand up the players bum and he does and says what the coach wants  0 he just superseeded the OER banner as my phone wallpaper
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench