Author Topic: Positives from last night's game?  (Read 2964 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Positives from last night's game?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »
the midfield group played very well

martin,cotchin..possbily played best games for club, jacko's form, conc's improvement..lids form, agree grimesy battled very well, if he was lacking cloke would have kicked 7 or more...he stuck to the task exceptionally well

the challenge is to take our best effort rollit into 4q vs the middleweight sides and see how we go. last night we performed like most others did , in some ways better
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »
I just heard this stat on Fox sports....

Our third quarter score of 39 is the most points the all conquering Collingwood have conceded in a quarter since rd 1 2010. :whistle :whistle :whistle

Unleash the tornado

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 12:50:12 PM »
Positives:

Deledio, Cotch & Martin (his 2nd half though his disposal in the 1st half was diabolical at times cost us 3 goals ) storming though the middle together works - please persist with it Dimma

Really enjoyed seeing Conca in the middle - gee that lad has a footy brain.

As someone else posted Batchelor's tackle on Swan was a gem

Diappointments were. Very disappointed with Foley's game. Graham and Edwards were atrocious. Graham kept on falling over at critical stages and the disposal of Edwards was well below the standard required of an afl player. White only performed in 3RD Quarter.

Agree with this

I thought Gus was better this week but still takes far too long to react to situations and drops his head far too much for my liking

As I said I am Matty White fan but last night apart fromt he 3rd qtr he was disappointing

Foley, said it before will say it again seems to really be struggling with the pace of the game

Question: was it just me or did Kingy not look right, seemed to be favouring a calf; actually only notived watching the replay he had it tapped
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »
Playing the current Collingwood list is like making love to a silverback gorilla - You don't stop until the Gorilla wants to.

Having said that.....

My boy Dustin Maori was great.
Composed,Strong and made Harry WANKER his biatch.
Good boy.

Cotch - Genius football brain - keep watching this space.

Jacko - My favorite player.
Hard,runs all day and pretty much holds his own against the biggest jobs in footy every week. :thumbsup

Lids - Welcome back toooo being able to do what you do best - run  and kick long goals.
His stint in defense has given his overall game a stronger defensive approach all over thhe ground.

Jack - kicked four with limited opportunity.

Gus -  contrary to the general consensus of this board,I felt he was serviceable and had a crack all nite.

Kids- sifting our way through it and so far so good.

Foley - stuff off mate.
rubbish game.Runs aimlessly and always dishes off to highly presured options if he doesn't kick it straight to the opposition.
I don't get the love for this guy?

Edwards - Real bad.

Miller - Tuck must play!

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »
The 3rd quarter was a major positive. This shows what we are capable of, now it's a matter of playing like that for 4 quarters.

Our running game. Once we got going, it was good to watch.

Our rucks. Yes, i know. The first 3 rounds, they were hopeless. And yes, they've still got a long way to go. But at least last night was an improvement, albeit against one fairly average ruckman. We won the hitouts something like 47-22 from memory.

Andy Krakouer. His performance last night makes me glad he's not still playing for us.

Of the players:

- Dylan Grimes. He's a hard working player, and I think he'll do quite well once he starts matching up on some slightly easier players in coming weeks. Some very positive signs from the 3rd gamer last night.
- Jack Riewoldt. Kicking 4 should keep the media off his back for this week at least, even though he probably didn't have the best game.
- Reece Conca. This kid has some quality about him, and we're starting to see it.
- Brett Deledio. Geez he was fantastic last night, even in a side that got trounced for 3 out of the 4 quarters.
- Trent Cotchin & Dustin Martin. Both showed why they're so highly rated last night.
Push up!